Chapter 8

Kathryn's P.O.V.

I took a plane to Africa. Just like the plane ride from France to California, I threw up a little, as I felt woozy and light headed. I started to get a migraine. My head pounds in the same rhythm as my heart.

I'm glad I got the row to myself. Not a lot of people were on the plane. No more than 50, I would say about.

I sat in the window seat, and I stared off into the cloudless sky. Soon, one by one, then few by few, clouds started to appear in the bright sky. We're almost there.

In a few minutes, I saw the land below me. I could see different shades of green, some sandy yellow, and some buildings. I sigh at the sight. It's not everyday you fly on an airplane and see these landscapes.

Then I heard the flight attender announcing that we will land in ten minutes.

When I got off the plane, the weather hit me hard. It was quite hot--you could see the heat waves outside. The air is dry, but slightly windy.

I knew that everyone is probably worried, waiting for my phone call. I went to the closest phone booth. I reached for the phone, hesitating, and punched in the numbers to call Derek.

"Hello" he said with a frantic voice.

"Hey, it's me." I said.

"KATHRYN?!? WHERE ARE YOU?!? ARE YOU OKAY!? I WAS SO WORRIED ABOUT YOU!!! DONT DO THAT TO ME AGAIN, YOU SCARED ME!!! I THOUGHT SOMEONE WOULD KIDNAP YOU, OR WORSE, YOU TRIED TO KILL YOURSELF!!--"

"As you can hear, I'm fine. I really just called to ask if you know an Alpha in Australia? If you do can you please ask if I can join their pack for a while-- just a year, and then I will go back to yours... can you do that for me?" I pleaded.

There was silence. I bit my lip.

"Yeah, sure" he said. " I'll have him to get a person to pick you up. Just wait."

~~30 minutes later~~

"Are you Kathryn Montgomery?" He asked. I looked up to see a 6'3 guy towering over me. I looked around and I realized that I'm the only one here except an elderly couple. I faced back to him and gave him the 'are you serious?' look.

"Well, what do you think?" I said slightly pissed off.

"Well he told me that you are pregnant so I'm assuming that since your the only one here that's pregnant, you're Kathryn." He said, smirking.

"Well, frankly I'm getting tired and hungry since I couldn't eat a lot even though I'm getting better at it. I can't wait to go to sleep since I'm starting to get grumpy. Do you mind?" I said looking at the bags and looking right back at him with puppy dog eyes.

He tried to tear away from those eyes but he can't. So he said;

"Sure"

I exclaimed with glee. He chuckled.

"You are one strange girl." he said.

"If only you knew what I went through" I muttered hoping he didn't hear me. He raised an eyebrow. I shook my head.

It took me a moment to get up considering that I have a huge stomach. He helped me by supporting my weight so I don't strain myself and so I don't fall.

I got into a black Mercedes car. I was practically drooling on the car. Such beauty. *sigh*

"You like the car" he said with a smirk on his face. I stuck my tongue out. Immature, I know. But I don't care.

When I got inside the car, air condition welcomed me with opened arms. Yes!

"I'm Chad by the way."