Afterword

Dear Readers,

I can't believe it's over. I mean, I played around with the idea for this story for about six months before I even started writing it. But what really shocked me the most, was the amount of attention it received.

This book has over 100K views (at time of writing), and I'm still in utter disbelief. So many people have put their love for this story in the comments, and whenever I had writer's block or became discouraged from finishing the book, those words really spurred me on.

Writing this book has been a rollercoaster for me. I pretty much wrote blocks of chapters in one go, and then took a long, long break from writing. And every time I came back to it, I loved it even more. It's safe to say that I've become as invested in this story as all of you are.

A year-long project like this is near-impossible to let go of. It does help that I'm planning to continue writing (I'll talk about that more later). But I've written about 55 chapters, and I think it's time to finish.

Here are some answers to frequently asked questions: As of right now, this book will just be a standalone. So many people have been asking for a sequel, and I've been (happily) pressured into adding five bonus chapters as a "part three". If I were to write a sequel, it would probably be of Percy and Annabeth navigating their adult life, but don't get your hopes up because I'm still undecided.

I left Piper and Jason as a rather open-ended question, partly because of how Trials of Apollo has changed my view of their relationship, but mostly because I think every single high school relationship ending happily is slightly unrealistic. You're free to imagine their ending however you want; whether they never speak again, or they decide to remain friends, or they get back together (an ending I was very tempted to write).

The same goes for Leo and Calypso. I think it's extremely cliché for all relationships when they were 17 to work out, so you're free to imagine what you want with them. I couldn't bring myself to explicitly state that she turned him down (mostly because Leo deserves love), so it could've gone either way; up to you.

Next, I wanted to let you all know that I'm starting a new book after this! At first, I was reluctant to keep on writing when I'm so swamped with work, but I've come across a plot I'm so passionate about I changed my mind.

The story is "What Happened After Happily Ever After". If you could take a quick look at it, the first few chapters are up. It follows Percy and Annabeth - again in a mortal world - after 4 years of marriage, from her perspective, and how fed up she is of the lack of love between them. Of course, we can't just leave it there, and as Percy's past is uncovered, new dangers bear down on them, forcing her to re-evaluate everything about their (not-so) perfect domestic life.

Finally, I want to thank all of you for your appreciation for this story! Reading your comments often make my day, and thank you for letting me know how much you loved it too. I couldn't have done this without your support, so thanking you is easily the most important part of this final afterword.

Sincerely,
An incredibly grateful writer