Chapter 1 (Demi)

"Aaahhhhh!" A purple haired maiden shouted as she was giving birth to a child. After several minutes of continuous shouting and agonizing pain the maiden finally stop making noises. It was middle of the night but the maiden didn't mind seeing as they lived in a small house made of wood in the middle of the forest.

The maiden was catching her breath as the midwife was checking her child. It was weird as to why it was quiet, usually there should be a sound of a baby crying. Realizing this the maiden began to worry and quickly look at the midwife. The midwife was confused with the child. The child was pale and didn't have a heartbeat but it was breathing.

The maiden look at the now terrified midwife, asking what was wrong. She was also scared, is there something wrong with her child? Was her child dead? Givin on the expression of the person in front of her.

"Your child, her h-heart is not b-beating and she is pale. But she's b-breathing. I don't know if she's alive." The midwife said with a horrified and confused look on her face.

The maiden carefully took the child in her arms checking her heartbeat and breathing. The old lady(midwife) was right. The maiden couldn't believe what was happening. Why was her child like this. But deep down she really have an idea what cause of this.

"5 years later"

"Demi! Come here, let me braid your hair." Vella called her daughter as while holding a comb. The girl who was sitting near the window started to walk towards her mother who was smiling while the girl held no emotion. Vella began to comb her daughter's purple hair which she got from her. Vella was a very beautiful woman. She had purple hair, turquoise eyes and blood red lips. She is the perfect epitome of beauty. And because of that alot of people admired and envy her.

Demi was also very beautiful much like her mother. Her hair and lips where like her mother 's however her eyes were different. Her mother were turquoise while hers was a beautiful shade of purple.

Vella was closed to finishing the braid and talked to her daughter. "Today my baby is turning five, do you have something you want to buy? Mom will buy it for you." Vella gently said as she look at her daughter.

The little girl shook her head as she don't remember anything that would interest her. And she doesn't wanna bother her mother more than she have bothered her by being a burden to her.

They were going to the village today as her mother need something to buy. She was always where her mother was, because her mother don't want her to wander around alone. And it was because of her curse.

As they were walking in the village, she didn't mind the stares she have been getting from the people. They were backing away from her so they wouldn't get near her and her mother. Demi was used to it, while holding her mother's hand, they walked like there were no other people around. But deep inside, Vella was enraged by what they were doing.

Vella was buying foods for she was planning to celebrate her daughters birthday. Because she bought a lot of food she have to use both of her hands to carry the bags. While she was talking to a male vendor. She didn't notice that Demi was not by her side.

While her mother was talking, Demi saw a butterfly and followed it. It was a mixture of black and purple, it was so beautiful for Demi. It led her to a garden with many flowers. The butterfly landed on a beautiful flower, Demi was awestruck because it was such a beautiful flower, no wonder why the butterfly chose it. She wanted to touch it, reached out her hand as her fingers briefly touch the petals. But as soon as she fully touched the flower, it turned black and died, along with the other flowers that was near it.