Until death do us part

As you walk down the isle you feel the butterflies you had as a child return to your stomach . Walking down the isle as people started at you was nerve racking but also exciting. You lock eyes with John and see tears form in his eyes . You giggle .
As you reach the end of the isle you can't help but smile . You thought you would be emotional and really upset but you wasn't you was too happy . The biggest smile broke out on to your face and a little giggle but John loved that about you , he loved that you enjoyed every moment you had even of you knew it could be your last . Tears of happiness formed into your eyes as you said your vows . It was now johns turn and you felt like the heavy weight had bee in lifted off of your chest now that you had said your vows. John spoke confidently with a smile but he was also emotional.
"Until death do us part ." John promised
"You may now kiss the bride ." Exclaimed the vicar .
You and John were quick to join lips . As you kissed and he held you in his arms you realised you had just married the love of your life .
You and John had been  a happy couple for 6 years and you and John both k ew it was time to get married , especially after you developed
Cancer , however it was a cancer that would slowly developed over time , so you and John knew you had time together and in that time you would hope for a cure to be made . It had been 2 months now since you found out that you had cancer . The doctor said that you had a 35% chance of living but was estimated only 4 years longer to live . That may seem short but you was relieved that it was that long most of the time it is only a few months or a year so you knew that you had to live those four years happily . Marrying John was the best decision you had made in your life and you knew it . John was the love of your life and you knew you wanted to spend however long you had with him .
The after party of your wedding was amazing. Arthur got drunk , as per usual . Tommy was actually quite happy on that day , everyone was a bit shocked but he was your best friend and you was his so he was happy for you and he knew how much you was looking forward to this . Tommy knew that he needed to make that time mesmerising  and special to you and he knew that if he was to be dim then that would ruin your day . You got so many compliments about how you looked and how beautiful the wedding venue was . You loved every bit of it , it felt like the whole world was shut out for a day and it was just you and who meant the most you . As you were called up for the bride and groom annual wedding dance you was nervous because you knew that John couldn't dance even if his life depended on it . John has a grin on his face that showed he had done something.
He took your hand and led you to the centre of the dance floor . When the music started you danced in johns arms . You noticed that John wasn't making any mistakes to the steps of the dance .
You smiled and John and laughed .
"And how have you done that ?" You ask John quietly but with a giggle .
"I have my ways ." He replied not giving you any lies . He smirked to himself .
"Come on John , what did you do ? " you playfully asked back .
At this point other people had joined in with the dance with you .
"Promise you won't laugh ." John asked you not to while looking away to hide his embarrassment.
"I promise John ." You laughed intrigued to hear what he could possibly tell you .
"I went to dance lessons ." He said while looking at the floor avoiding any sort of eye contact.
You lifted his chin up and made eye contact with him . You then rested his and your foreheads together .
"I love you so much John Shelby." You exclaimed before you kissed him gently.
John kissed you back and held the kiss .
"I love you too y/n l/n ." John said happily .
The rest of the wedding was perfect . It went just like you planned . You honestly thought that it couldn't have gone any better .
As people started to leave you and John thanked them for coming . When nearly everyone had left other than the people staying in the hotel the venue had John picked you up and carried you to the suite you had booked .
John opened the door and lay you on the bed and claimed you as his once again .
You woke upon the morning to John playing with your hair . When you realised that you was awake he cuddled you . You both lay there for a while until you realised you had to leave soon . You packed your bags and drove back to small Heath . On the journey home you looked out the window at the bright colours you could see , well at least until you got to small Heath . John has kept glancing at you , admiring you . You k ew that you was meant to be with John and that's the only thing that mattered to you .

Your first few mo the with John were perfect but you slowly started to get sicker and sucked . You tried to hide it from John and the rest of the family but he saw , that all saw . John took you to the hospital and they said you were fine so you used that as an excused whenever John got worried about you . You could feel yourself fading away and tried to act like you couldn't feel yourself drifting from you every day . John knew , he knew you too well not to notice . You tried to tell John you was fine but he wasn't having it . Every time you went to the hospital hey told you that you was doing great for what most people who had the same cancer as you did . You tried to live everyday to the most you could possibly push yourself to do .
"I have to go to work now , tommy wants me ." John told you before kissing your head as you lay in bed .
"Ok , I'll be here when you get back ." You said to John before he walked out the door .
It was almost 4 hours later when John came back home . John did come home to a calm night though . John found you struggling to breathe and coughing in the floor . John rushed to to hospital . John threatened them all kinds of things if they couldn't save you . Tommy tried to call him down but John was too upset and worried . It was killing you to see John like that but you could hardly do anything yourself . You knew that you was going to die but you wasn't scared because you knew that you had the best life you could have had . John rushed in to the room and pushed past the doctors. You both knew you was going to die now and John couldn't bare it . His eyes were full of geared and patched red .
You help up your pink and locked it with his and managed to whisper
"Until death do us part ." You locked eyes with John before they pushed him out of the room . You gently cried knowing that was the last time you would see him . You passed knowing that you lived your best life and that John would live a long and happy life eventually and that you would watch over him . You knew that nothing would break your bond . Not even death .