Chapter Twenty| Step Ahead

As Aimen thought an idea came up in her head and she smiled to herself.  She probably needs to make her place again in his life and she was ready to do that. Aimen thought then she got up and went inside her room. She changes her clothes and went to bed and went to sleep with a hopeful tomorrow. 

Next morning as Aimen was sitting in her room when the door opened and Mr Louis called her to the meeting room and she knew he was here. Once a week they have a meeting with her and Daniyal regarding his fitness and health plan. She sighed then got up and came out of her office. She knocked on the meeting room and entered inside where everyone else was already present. She just walks and sat down as meeting start. 

The meeting went smoothly while Aimen brain was working to make her plan work. She needs an opportunity and at last, at the end of the meeting, she got her chance. As Aryan got up from his seat to go, she quickly turned towards Daniyal who was looking into his meeting note and spoke up.

'Daniyal, I need your help?' Aimen asked and Daniyal looked up towards him while Aryan walk passed from them towards the door. Aimen heart was beating nervously rapidly.

'The lighting in my room is not working properly. Any chance you can come and fix it. I need to put in a new bulb, but I can't reach I need a man to do it.' Aimen said as she let the words out but her gaze was towards Aryan and even on her words, he did not stop even for a second and walk out. Aimen dissatisfied and disappointed sighed. She thought he felt jealous last night, so she decided to use Daniyal, but maybe she was wrong. He really doesn't care about her. 

'Yes, I can. Do you want me to come after work?' She heard Daniyal and snapped looked towards him. 

'Oh...Yeah...on the second thought, leave it. I think I will manage it.' Aimen said sorrowfully and gloomily then got up from her place when she heard Daniyal

'What's your relationship with Aryan, Aimen?' Aryan asked and she looked towards him. 

'What?...nothing.' Aimen replied tensely

'I am not blind Aimen. I can see things. He was there at your place last night and even now I don't why but you only said to me to get a reaction from him.' Daniyal said and Aimen was surprised that he notices. He was not that dumb as Aimen thought it to be. 

'Sorry for using you.' Aimen quickly confessed as she doesn't see a way out. He was a nice man, but she was using him. 

'I don't mind you using me, but just tell me whole situation only if you want to. I might be able to help you.' Daniyal said in a soft and empathetic tone and Aimen felt like crying. She really needed someone to say like this to her. She started towards him a few seconds and spoke up.

'He is my husband, but we are not on good terms.' Aimen said and instead of getting shocked, Daniyal expression stayed the same. Aimen was surprised to see him this calm. 

'I felt it. Your chemistry was like lover chemistry, but with a hint that something had gone wrong between you two.' Daniyal said telling his observation and Aimen surprised stared at him. 

'Are we that obvious?' Aimen asked and Daniyal smiled while nodded his head in yes. Aimen only smile briefly in return. 

'Is that good thing or bad?' Aimen asked

'Probably good, your love can be seen to others even if you two say otherwise to each other.' Daniyal said 

'His love for me is obvious? You got to be joking...' Aimen said as she painfully laughs.

'Aimen, you really don't know the man... I don't feel a need of coming tonight because I know he will be there.' Daniyal said as he got up from his chair and Aiman dumbfounded stared towards his confidence. He was so wrong? Aimen thought whereas he smiled as he start picking up his stuff.