Chapter Twenty Two|

The National swimming tournament had started, and Aryan was very busy with that. Aimen kept updates regarding his health, but there has been no interaction between them since there unplanned data was two weeks ago. Aimen sighed as she looked outside her office. It was a cold-weather today, and she was feeling little restless. The days of winter always gave her anxiety because days vanish very quickly. She wanted to go home since she was not feeling well. 

As the day slowly passed, she finally sighed in relief on the realisation that she can finally go home. She came out of the office and got inside the taxi to go home. The journey to home was gone in complete silence, and as she reached home, she stopped in her track. Her apartment door was wide open. She locked the door when she went out. She felt anxious and scared, and she slowly took the steps towards her apartment. 

As she entered her apartment, she came across a mess view of her apartment. Things were everywhere like someone was here and was trying to mess around. Obviously, first thought to her was a robbery. She quickly scanned everything in her apartment. Her heart was beating loudly in her chest, and she was so panicked. There was definitely no one at home at a moment means whoever came was gone, but she surprised how they entered inside her apartment in such tight security but robbers probably always have away. 

She quickly came out from her apartment and decided to go to the guard station of the building. As she reached to him, he was lying unconscious. Aimen felt her heart stopped beating. What was happening? She looked around and all she finds of darkness and silence, so with the courage she picked up the phone and called for the police and ambulance. 

Within the next half an hours, the police were here to investigate her apartment, and it has been sealed. Guard was taken to the hospital, and news of the robbery spread like wildfire in the building. Everyone was talking about her, and she was the centre of attention to others gossip, and she hated it. She really wanted to live a quiet life here. Her apartment was investigated to get any clue while she was taken to police to give her statement. Everything happens to fast, but it left a traumatic mark on Aimen. She just doesn't get it why it happened to her.

After giving her statement, she was asked to go home, but she was not allowed to go to her apartment since it was under investigation for a day or two so she had no idea where to go. She confused and worried came out of the police station. As she put a step-down, she came across to Aryan who is standing leaning on hid car while waiting...most likely waiting for her because as soon he saw he ran towards her. 

'Are you alright?' Aryan asked as he scanned his gaze over her, and Aimen just nodded her head in yes. He seems very paranoid. After he was assured that she was fine, he looked up towards her.

'That's why you should not have come here.' Aryan whispered as he seems overly worried and Aimen was getting his anxiousness over a robbery. Why she came here have anything to do with the robbery. It was just a bad incident which could have to happen to anyone and anywhere. 

'It is just a robbery Aryan, and the police will get them.' Aimen said to assure him, but he seems to get more angry and irked. 

'Well sorry to burst your bubble but it is not just robbery. They probably find out you are my wife.' Aryan said as he restlessly rubs his hands. 

'What are you saying, Aryan? I am not getting it.' 

'You don't have to get it...You need to go back from here. This country is not save for you to live here anymore.' Aryan said, and without even thinking, Aimen instantly shook away her head in no. 

'No, I am not going back without you.' 

'Do you want to die here then?' Aryan screamed this because he was getting impatient and frustrated now. His anxiety over her safety was on an extreme level, and she was not getting it either.