Chapter 3: Smothered Beneath

Today was the big day! Bigger than the day of her entrance exams. Uraraka was on her way to her first day of school, excited and thrilled to see who was in her class. Her parents hadn't lost any of there enthusiasm and joy even after the initial shock and celebrations of her acceptance to UA. They had given her the space she needed and she was glad to have parents like them who supported in that way.

Walking through the arches of UA was almost twice as daunting as it was when she first had. They seemed smaller; shorter and more revealed as if they were hooded figures who had begrudgingly accepted her efforts, but now were welcoming them as if known all along.

She had found her classroom, classroom 1a, seeing a curly mane in the doorway.

'It's you!' she exclaimed behind him. 'You're the guy from the entrance exam!'

The boy in front flinched; his shoulders slightly hunched for a breadth of a second. He turned around with an awkward smile drawn on his face. His eyes were also furrowed awkwardly, but still had their calming, cute-ish, depth to them. The smooth purple made her remember when he had carried back to the arena entrance. She had spent the time between the first day and the entrance exam tossing and turning in her mental bedsheets trying to figure out how he knew or used her quirk. Those were the only two explanations she could think of. She had thought prior; Maybe he saw me make the robots float— but even if he did, how would he know exactly how many fingers I would need to put on?! And how did he even know that it was my fingers too?! Is he that intuitive? Could it be that he copied my quirk...? I did remember Mum and Dad talking about people with similar quirks... I'll have to ask him. And the current moment at hand presented itself as no better opportunity.

'How did you know?!' she said, leaning in closer to him with her fists clenched. 'How'd you know how to use my quirk?!'

A dozen or so heads in the class pointed to the door after hearing that. The silence that followed the statement, too, was unprecedented. Looking around, Uraraka noticed a face or two from the exam and one that stood out like a blistering thumb. The sore thumb in question was a blonde boy who sat with his feet propped on his desk. Another was standing in front of him with blue straight hair and glasses. This was one of the faces she recognised; the boy who had spoken up and asked about the zero-pointer. The spiky-blonde one took her statement unexpectedly. He looked mad, ridiculously mad. The other boy with the glasses walked towards them both and introduced himself, rather formally.

'I am Tenya Iida. It is nice to meet someone who did so well in the entrance exam!' He bowed.

The greenette in front of her had seemingly shifted away and was now moving to a seat. However, Iida did not follow him, directing his attention to...

'Me?' Uraraka asked. 'W-What do you mean...?'

Before Iida could answer, a voice spoke out from behind them.

'If you're here to praise each other and get all friendsy, get out of my class.' The voice sounded tired and bored. She turned around and saw the other side of the walkway, before looking down at where the voice had come from; a small yellow sleeping bag with a head sticking out of it. The head was pale and in need of a shave; black locks spilling from it. The person in the bag stood up, sucking on some cheap cream-sucky thing.

'I am your homeroom teacher, Mr. Aizawa. Take a seat and we can begin.'

Uraraka moved to the last free seat while Iida went to one that he had previously chosen. She took in her classroom around her—— The walls were all white and had minimal artistic intrigue to them, mainly at the base. There was a black/chalkboard at the front and a couple of shelves here and there. The front, teacher spot was elevated by an inch or so and had a. podium for the teacher. All of the desks were in a spaced grid facing the board.