Chapter 6: Too far?

So fast! All Might thought. He took out young Bakugou and Iida with such speed...!

The class and the teacher had been monitoring the teams that faced off against each other via small cameras. All Might had an earpiece that linked with those of the participants in the urban battle. He could step in and prevent any of the matches to continue if the need be. The only match that he had suspected that he may have had to step in was young Bakugou's... That kid had a fire... A dangerous blaze, and one that he thought would burn others if left unkept... In a way, All Might had looked at him as a potential—

All Might dismissed this as he knew Bakugou had enough power already... Giving him more could make him too much...

All Might had heard some small snippets of Bakugou's anger directed on young Midoriya and was slightly interested in what their backstory was... He had viewed both of their reports and found that they had attended the same school before coming to UA. Bakugou's academic scores were enough for him to pass while Midoriya's were... Above what was needed to pass... The required intelligence for the scores and accomplishments in Midoriya's work showed that he did possess great skill, but sometimes lacked the motivation or reason to accomplish... Midoriya provided more of a promising vessel than Bakugou...

There were others, but...

Back to the topic at hand.

All Might had never expected to see such a battle end so quickly. From what he could gather, All Might knew that young Midoriya's quirk had something to do with mind-communication or telepathy-based illusions, or something similar... To see someone who didn't even have to pull a punch and win was something All Might had never expected out of UA... Even he could admit that punching wasn't always the solution or way out of problems...

When the training match ended for both pairs, Bakugou had been found crying in the same hallway where he had faced Midoriya... He hadn't talked about what had happened and seemingly snapped out of it once Midoriya had left. After that, he seemed to go straight back to his usually pissed off self.

Iida had to go to Recovery Girl for nose treatment — it was healable, but would still leave him with a crooked shnozzin and a need for replacement glasses.

Uraraka had been ecstatic at their victory — a little concerned for Iida even though he would be alright. In her excitement, she had hugged Midoriya before quickly releasing him in embarrassment. He, too, had blushed a bit and had to look away for a split second to regain himself. The two talked; Uraraka was thrilled to win like that, even when she only got the bomb. She admitted that she probably wouldn't have been able to do anything against either of their opponents. Midoriya had been his usual quiet and depressed-looking self but showed his own enthusiasm and congratulations to Uraraka via words. Many in the class congratulated Uraraka while giving Midoriya awestruck and hesitant looks. Midoriya disappeared whilst this was happening, unnoticed by Uraraka until the next match began. The class went back to watching the large monitors on the screens ahead, leaving Uraraka to wander over back Midoriya.

'Watcha doin'?' she chirped. 'Aren't you going to watch?'

'I'm watching,' he said. 'I don't mind it from here... Everyone else doesn't mind either...'

'What do you...' her voice trailed off as she looked back at the majority of the class. She saw a blonde boy and a black-haired one with bulky elbows, mutter something to each other before looking at themselves, to Midoriya, and then back to each other. Every now and then, Uraraka would see someone else in the class look back at her greenette friend.

'They don't know what I did...' Midoriya stated. 'That's what scares them...'

She looked back at the screen, trying to remember what she remembered him actually doing. She never actually saw him face off against Bakugou, and she wasn't paying attention to Iida or him when she went for the weapon and when Iida ran into the pillar. She knew Midoriya's quirk was connecting to mind, memories, emotions and, he mentioned dreams too...