Chapter 5: Unscratchable Itch

Bakugou was striding through the grey tiled halls angrily. For a whole year or more, Midoriya had managed to keep himself out of his way with only the smallest of whispers. Bakugou hadn't particularly minded that Midoriya seemed to keep out of his way, but the rumours of him being something special were itching. The unscratchable itch of this was unbearable. Bakugou had believed for a year — or more, Midoriya was so quiet he could've been there for a lot longer — that Midoriya was quirkless or near-quirkless. When Bakugou had first seen Midoriya walk into the class on the first day, confusion and shock were swept aside by anger. Midoriya was the unscratchable itch; the one thing that had stopped him from being the one and only to pass from his mundane school into UA... The steps of his dream...

'Hey, Deku...' he breathed. 'I know you can hear me you bastard!' he finished his sentence shouting.

He knew that he was around there somewhere... He was so blind to think that Midpriya could've gone to face Iida for the weapon. Bakugou hadn't paid his teammate any to zero the attention and cooperativeness for winning the battle training. Now was his time... His time, to set things the way they were "supposed to be"... To set things "right"...

'Come out and stop running!' he shouted again, stopping in the middle of a hallway. 'You've waited all this time to finally show off your fancy quirk, huh?! Now come out and show it to me!'

Gladly, a voice said in his head.

Bakugou swivelled to the voice, seeing that no one was at the end of the hall. The hallway, still concrete and identically tiled, now stretched further than it originally did.

What should I show you first? Midoriya's voice said again. Anything you'd like to start on, pal...?

Bakugou twisted around to find Midoriya at the opposite end of the stretching corridor. He was just standing there, hands in his pockets and a sly smile played on his lips. He didn't move and he looked like he wasn't breathing either. The more Bakugou looked, the more he began to feel that the hallway was further...

Bakugou smiled evilly, 'So what, you can make a hallway look longer! That's nothing compared to me!'

'On the contrary.' Midoriya said, now sounding more clearer. 'I think you've got the roles swapped...'

'Like hell I do...!'

Midoriya didn't reply to that, only smiling wider.

Bakugou was fed up with his antics, putting his hands behind him and shooting towards Midoriya with his quirk. As he flew closer to Midoriya, the anger and rage burned hotter in Bakugou, now levelling a hand in front of him at Midoriya's face.

'DIE!' he screamed before—

CRUNCH, went Bakugou's fingers and wrist as his hand collided with Midoriya's face. The smile on Midoriya's face grew more before, it melted with the rest into the tiled concrete. Bakugou had just slammed his hand into the wall where he had thought Midoriya was. His wrist was now jarred and his fingers were all screaming just as loud as he was, at him in pain. He clutched at his hand as the pain flooded. Midoriya's voice sung out behind him.

'That wasn't very smart of you, was it bucko?' he taunted. 'Even you said it, "I made the hall look longer"... Your mind and rage helped blind you, I only gave you a setting that you'd ignore... It wasn't hard; you always ignore the small details... Even the ones that aren't small— the ones that are so big that they make the basis of the smaller ones... You're rather blunt, to be honest... That is why you are lesser... Not the other way around.'

Bakugou tried to spit back a retort but had to suck through his teeth with the pain. It was taking all of his all to not begin tearing up and breaking down in agony. He had flown pretty damn fast and hard at the wall and wasn't expecting it either.