Nothing is okay

Stiff and definitely in need of some chiropractic treatment Leorio silently shuffled into his small apartment. I mean as silently as a 6'4, 205 pound guy can shuffle into an apartment made by toddlers with carpal tunnel. He stiffly tossed his hospital lanyard and jacket onto the coat rack and without a second thought he flopped back onto his second hand couch, but even shitty 7 year old cushions can feel like heaven if you're tired enough. I suppose that's what a 42 hour shift will do to you. With his legs stretched over the arm of the couch he sluggishly kicked off his shoes, not much care given to where they landed.

Gay thoughts of cuddling up to his roommate on a cold autumn night aside, now that Leorio was free of hospital duties for the next few hours what he really wanted was tea and a medically induced coma. He'd settle for just the tea, which Kurapika usually brought out for him by now.

Where the hell was he?

"Kurapika?" If he wasn't in the mood to make him tea, which Leorio would often remind him was never necessary, he'd still respond right? Right?

"Uhm... I'm... in the kitchen." Came a weak reply, and Leorio was on his feet in an instant. In the years Leorio had known him, Kurapika was never one for unconfident responses.

The moment he stepped into the kitchen his heart sank. The blood smear on his counter led to a puddle of blood contrasting with the white floor tile, in the middle of it all was Kurapika. Blood smudged against his lower cheek and jaw, the worst of it seemed to be on his hands and the side of his thigh. They were practically drenched.

"Kurapika—"

"It's fake!"

Leorio stopped mid step forward. "It's... what?"

"Fake. It's fake. I got Halloween decorations today— Killua mentioned that he needed a lot of blood for his costume, and since he's coming over with Gon tomorrow I just thought that I—"

Leorio had heard enough. Kurapika was pushed back a bit by the force of Leorio slamming into him, wrapping his arms around his torso and steadying his jitters before he ultimately slipped and dragged the blonde down with him.

They sat there together, a two person bloody heap as Leorio had hunched himself protectively over Kurapika. The sound of the blood remnants on the counter dripping onto the floor was deafening in contrast to how suffocatingly silent everything else was. Kurapika could only wait for Leorio to say something, anything, preferably not a lecture but Kurapika wasn't in any position to be picky.

Then finally Leorio let out a huff. A stiff breath of air he hadn't realized he had been holding till now.

Kurapika perked, resting his chin against Leorio's shoulder as he took a hesitant glance at his expression. He might've only gotten a glimpse but he could tell that he was angry. Very angry. Livid even. His furrowed brows, and thin lips pressed against his teeth in an unfaltering straight line were a dead giveaway. Not to mention he was turning redder by the second.

"Leorio, I—"

"Don't. No talking, I am SO pissed right now."

"I understand, I'll clean all of it immediately."

"No, I'm," his voice faulted and he swallowed rather audibly. "I'm not mad about the mess."

"Oh?"

"I'm angry because I... I thought you were seriously injured."

"Oh."

They say in silence yet again, only being broken when Kurapika mustered up an apology through his initial bewilderment.

"I'm sorry, Leorio."

Leorio pulled away and with both hands on Kurapika's shoulders he began to violently shake him. "YOU BETTER BE YOU ASSHOLE, NEVER GIVE ME A HEART ATTACK LIKE THAT AGAIN!"

"I'M SORRY!"

He stopped jostling the poor blonde and their respective frazzled and peeved expressions soon melted into small smiles as they both softly chuckled. Leorio wiped away the tears pricking the corners of his tired eyes. His hands almost unnoticeably trembling. Kurapika finally stood and pulled Him up with him, taking a good look at the damage done to the once white kitchen.

"Thank you." Leorio said softly.

"I— what?"

"For decorating, I know you're in between jobs right now. I just... really appreciate that you took the time off to decorate." Although he still wondered why the hell Killua would need a gallon of fake blood for a costume.

"Oh." Kurapika was a little surprised. "It's only a few simple ornaments, but you seem to be awfully moved. I can't help but wonder now if Halloween is important to you, Leorio?" He asked as he began to wash the blood off his hands.

"Just a little. It was the one holiday I was really excited for as a kid, so I guess you could say I'm nostalgic."

Kurapika nodded, quietly thanking Leorio after he tossed him the dish towel to dry his hands.

"What about you?"

Kurapika paused in the middle of dabbing away at the water, thought for a second, and then continued. "My clan didn't celebrate Halloween. Actually, it sounds stupid but I didn't exactly know what Halloween was till a month ago."

Leorio stifled a snicker.

"I have always wanted to celebrate something though... I suppose I was a little over enthused at the idea of us four being together for a holiday." Kurapika bit his lip in embarrassment, refusing to look at Leorio as he delicately folded the now stained dish towel.

"Actually," Leorio rigidly made his way across the kitchen to Kurapika, not wanting to bust his ass, "I think you're perfectly enthused."

Kurapika smiled, letting a small breathy laugh escape his lips as his eyes trailed up to finally meet Leorio's. "Thank you." He spoke softly, hands delicately twiddling together like a socially awkward Disney original movie protagonist trying to confront her crush. "Anyways," Kurapika huffed a little, "I suppose I should clean this up now."

"I think you've dealt with enough. Go ahead and take a shower."

"No, it's my fault, I should—"

"C'mon Pika, you're bad at hiding when you're panicked." He softly rubbed circles into Kurapika's back, grinning when he leaned into his touch. "You're a little overwhelmed, it's okay. Go shower off, I'll take care of this." He seemed hesitant, hands still wringing together nervously. "You need some you time. I can help you finish decorating in the morning, okay?"

Kurapika nodded, finally agreeing as he glanced between Leorio and the floor. "Thank you, Leorio." He slowly padded to the edge of the kitchen, careful not to fall and eat shit, and let Leorio wipe his feet off with the dish towel. "Oh by the way," he gestured, from over the kitchen counter separating it from the living room, to the microwave, "I put your tea in the microwave so it wouldn't get cold."

"You're too good to me Pika."

"Nothing you don't already deserve Leorio."

[A/n] Halloween special number 1 is
f i n i s h e d. Done. Completed. I don't know how many more are gonna be made but there should be at least 1 more before the 31st.
Mini reminder that I do take requests!