⥪𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞⥬

"matcha green latte for y/n" the barista calls out from the counter. i hang my purse up my shoulder and claimed my drink.

7:30 am

yup im gonna be late for my flight.

i quickly thank the person standing behind the counter and rushed inside my car.

the airport is about 45 minutes away from my current destination and my flight is at 8:30 so i really have to hurry.

_____

"...thank you for flying with us" the stewardess smiles at me. i arrived in la after 4 hours of flying from washington.

this is it.

i found my way to where they have shipped my car.

there she is

the classic white tesla model x.

they gave me my keys and i loaded all my suitcases in the trunk and got in.

i quickly entered the address into my car's gps. minutes later i pulled up into a very big driveway in front of a huge house. my parents bought all this and never planned it to be used?

i had to make sure that i got the right address.

the house next to it was a pretty big too but they had a few differences. there were also lots of cars parked in their driveway so i assumed there were already people living in it.

i shake my keys in my hand as i walked up to the front porch. i put the key into the door's slot and turn it. the door creaks open revealing a stylish designer living room and kitchen. it was already fully furnished with expensive furnitures and devices.

i made my way to the backyard where there was a great view of the city, a huge pool and a hot tub. 

this is perfect for my next landscape painting project.

_____

i explored the whole house for hours. half of the time was me trying to get my way back to the living room, the main one. there were three stories and about fifteen rooms with a bathroom in each one. there was another living room on the third floor. i got lost at every turn since the house had a whole city of streets on every floor.

_____

i unloaded all my suitcases from my car. one of them was too big and heavy so i struggled and failed to get it out.

how did i even get this in here?

"do you need help with that?" a guy comes up to me, hands in his pocket. he had brown fluffy hair and light brown eyes, he smiles at me showing a row of perfect white teeth.

"yeah, if that's okay with you" i try to keep my hair still as the wind kept blowing it to my face

"its totally fine" he walks towards my car and lifts the suitcase out of the truck with ease. "there you go" he hands me the handle of the suitcase so it was easier to pull behind.

i thank him.

"so uh," he clears his throat, "im guessing you're our neighbor?" 

"yup, just me" i look up the building standing tall in front of us.

"do you have any friends or families near by?" he looks over to me.

"nope, they're all the way back in washington" i let out a deep breath

"oh, im kio by the way" he holds his hand out for me

cute name

i smile and shake it, "im y/n"

his phone dings, he checks it quickly and looks back to me, "i have to go, maybe you should come over sometime to meet the others?" he points his thumb over his shoulder towards his house.

"i'll think about it" i wave at him before pulling my suitcases behind me and inside the house. i managed to find the master bedroom on the third floor again so i placed all my stuff there.

_____

everything is all set. my clothes are in the closet. bathroom stuff are set up in the bathroom. art supplies are on my desk and my easel standing tall in a corner.

i laid in my new bed and decided to call my mom.

she picks up at the second ring.

"hey mom"

"hi sweetie, are you at the house?"

"yes, you didn't tell me it was going to be this big"

"its really nothing-"

a beeping noise cuts her off

"i gotta go there's a code blue"

"ok bye i love-"

the call ends.

mom is a neurosurgeon, she's been working her ass off for my whole 18 years of my life. she really didn't have time to spend with me, even when she had the day off. she would most likely be sleeping all day or carpooling with her friends.

it was the same as my dad.

dad was also a surgeon but with hearts. both of them were basically gone my entire life. i mean they were there but not quite. all they did was work and work so i had to learn how to take care of myself at an early age.

i would be alone all day "locked" up inside the house with a whole day schedule - wake up, eat, use phone, eat, paint, eat, watch tv, eat, sleep aand repeat

i couldn't have anyone over, or drive around the city without my brother, aidan. he's studying to be a surgeon just like mom and dad in a university. he would only visit every other weekend so those were the only times i could get out of the house. it was a struggle for me to make new friends in washington since my parents were so strict about it, they didn't like the people there and most of all they didn't trust anyone.

i guess i should meet the "others" that kio was talking about