Ch.5: Hope is Golden.

I laid there pressed against Eidon's side for what felt like forever. My throat was raw and shredded, my voice all but gone.

The heat that started in my fingers has now consumed my whole body. I pushed up to my knees and reached up to wipe the tears from my face. It burned.

As I drew my hand back, I noticed what looked like liquid gold smeared against it. I opened my hand and turned it slowly, momentarily confused. I looked down at Eidon's side and his fur was absolutely covered in it as well.

It shimmered...and began to trail across his fur like a snake seeking refuge in tall grass. I watched as it slithered and pooled. Then it's as if somebody opened a drain into him...complete with a little whirlpool, it funneled down, disappearing into his side.

His body was suddenly encased in a golden glow. It looked like billions of stars and bits of their dust danced around his body. He began to levitate up off the floor, his body limp and lifeless.

The stardust shimmered brighter and brighter until I had no choice but to bring my hands up to shield my eyes forcing my gaze to the floor.

The blood that blanketed him began to pool, a small spout reached up and touched his stardust armor. It gently used it's new found blood bridge to blend with the stardust, giving him a rose gold aura.

Then, there was what I can only describe as an explosion of light. Fractals of light raced away from Eidon's body and invaded every square inch of the room. It was as if a kaleidescope of light had been shattered and all the colors had escaped and raced away to claim their freedom once more. I closed my eyes as tightly as I could and still I was still blinded by it.

As the flow finally lessened and I was able to open my eyes again....I couldn't believe them!

There lay Eidon, completely naked, ass up on the tile floor with not a scratch on him. I watched his back rise and fall gently...rise...and .....fall....he's....

BREATHING? OH MY GOD HES BREATHING!

I quickly rip off my hoodie and cover his ass, still in disbelief of what was happening. I crawled up to face him, moving much easier now I was almost completely healed myself. Same chocolate hair. I gently took his face in my hands and turned it allowing his other cheek to rest on the floor. Same full lips holding up his strong, squarish nose. Same perfect brows. Only thing missing is his brown doe-like eyes.

I quickly placed my fingers against his throat, desperately trying to find a pulse like I've seen medical people do. I couldn't find it, but after double checking, I could say with 100% certainty he was breathing as I could see his back rising and falling.

"He's alive!" I gasp loudly.

"Eidon! You're alive!"

I gently try and shake him awake. It's no use. He's unconscious. Unconscious, but alive! I breath deeply as a smile breaks out across my face. I run both hands through my hair and link them at the back of my head as I lean back, taking easy, calming breathes.

My joy was short-lived. He's alive. But everybody saw him die. Everybody left me here alone with him, and now he is alive.....

They're gonna know I did...well, something! What if they think I'm a witch? Or some dark castor?!? I'm obviously not....or am I? It doesn't matter- They'll kill me, and I dare say I wouldn't be coming back!

My heart starts speeding up again..They'll kill me for sure! It's not like they haven't just been waiting for a good excuse.

My eyes fill up again.. Mom and Dad would have to watch them destroy me. Oh God. I couldn't do that to them. What am I gonna do?!?