The birthday

Monday
October 14, 1985
Nina's POV:

EEEKK! It's my birthday!!! That means everyone's coming down today!!! They headed out yesterday because it's almost an 18 hour drive and Max REFUSED to leave her car in Indiana. Billy's death hit her a lot harder than anyone truly knows. We don't talk about him though. It just brings down the mood for the next week. (Um Chile, anyways SO) I head over to my closet to get ready for today. I grab a white Tokyo shirt that's a little short, black high waisted skinny jeans, brown heels, and a white gray and brown over sized flannel as an over shirt. (That's the exact outfit I am wearing rn. I think I look good in it so I want her in it too. I think I look good, that doesn't happen often!) I put my hair in low pigtails the start off as braids. I decide to ride me skateboard to school because I have yet to turn my heels into heelys. I head into the kitchen for breakfast! Best! Time! Of! The! Damn! Day!!! Joyce made some of my favorite things for breakfast.

We had more strawberries, some dipped in chocolate and others in sugar, chocolate chip waffles, and eggs. Mine had cheese in them because I like mine with cheese in them. Clearly, it's not that hard to realize if I had cheese in them! Whatever, that's just.... huh? Sorry, I have ADHD...

In the mitts of me eating my waffle, both El and Will came in with huge smiles on their faces. It's clear why, everyone's coming down. Max, Mike, Lucas, Dustin, Steve, Nancy, Johnathan, I believe Robin and Suzie, and, the most important one of all to me, ERICA!!! She's my best friend out of EVERYONE!!! When summer comes, me and Will have convinced the Sinclair's to come down for entire summer!! Every year!!! Awesome, I know!!! Maybe we can try and get the Wheelers too, as well. Nah, to much? We'll figure it out! I finish up the last of my strawberries before saying "I'm going to head out. Bye!" I grab my book bag and skate board and head down the street. I pass a house and see Stanley, Eddie, Richie, and Bill outside getting on their bikes. I wave while I pass by but only Stanley was paying any attention to his surroundings. He waved back before Richie called him over. I carry on my journey to the school. It's not a journey though, I take this route everyday. Whatever, I'll call it what I'll call it!!! In around 10 more minutes, I'm riding past the kids who have their parents drop them off. Most of those kids are under the age of 7. After the age of 7, most parents in Derry treat you as adults. Except for drinking, they won't let us drink.

Third Pov:

Nina continued her way to her classroom on her skate board. She soon was almost in her classroom, but she didn't get off her board immediately. She stayed on her board until she was fully in the classroom. She then jumped off her board, sending it flying in mid-air that she would catch moments later. Her friends, Jody Oklama and Flynn Amarie, were waiting on their friend on each side of the door with a light pink sash that is clearly meant for younger children but it fits her perfectly because of her small body and dark past and a fake crown with pink fuzz and more purple lettering spelling out 'Happy Birthday'. As soon as she walked through the door, her friends jumped out to wrap the sash around her along with the crown on her head and they screamed "Happy Birthday!" Which she then replied with a sweet and small "Thank you."

The three girls head over to their seats just as one of their other friends, Stanley Uris, walks into the room. He takes his seat when the morning announcements started. In the announcements, they addressed what the school was having for lunch, today's date, if anything school related is happening any time soon, and the birthdays. The birthdays of the day was for Nina and some Kindergartener named Joe Stronce. When the class heard "That will be all for today! Have an amazing day!" They burst out singing the 'Happy birthday song'. Most kids would feel embarrassed by this but, Nina found the sight very enjoyable. She'd never been shown so much affection for it being a specific day. Birthdays confused her a little when she had first moved to Hawkins, Indiana but she now kind of understands them.