The party

Saturday
October 19,1985
Jazzlynn's birthday party

Jazzy's POV:

Today's my party!!!!!!! I need to get ready! I put on "Can't take my eyes off you" by Frankie Valli and head over to my closet. I pick out fairly new outfit I made finished making last week. I have yet to wear it, though. It's a plain grey sweater, a grey and black flannel, high waisted, open kneed, skinny jeans, and tall combat boots. I got Jody's mom to braid my hair like she does with Jody and she put some blue and silver weave in with it. I did a half up, half down look for today. I did some light makeup. That includes light black eye shadow, thin eyeliner, mascara, and lip gloss. I put in some hoops, bigger than the ones I wear to school. I head to the kitchen and it's around 8. Instead of Joyce making breakfast like usual, it was Nancy and Johnathan. They were making blueberry waffles and already had almost half of them done. I was the first one up other than them so that means I have to be quiet or else I'll wake the many people asleep throughout the house. I whisper a small "Good morning" before taking my seat at the counter. They both said it back and Nancy gave me a plate with a smaller waffle. These people know me so well.

Not long after I start eating, Max and El walk into the kitchen together for breakfast. They had both gotten ready before they came proving they had been up for longer. El had on blue jeans held up with dark blue suspenders, a black button up shirt with blue and purple paint splatter on it, and her white shoes. Max, on the other hand, had a lighter outfit. That includes a rainbow t-shirt that is almost all covered by a violet, sleeveless jacket covering all except for the sleeves, a pair of mustard yellow jean shorts, and red Converse shoes with white socks with a rainbow stripe across the top. Both of the girls had a pony tail that is being held up by a scrunchy. El with a yellow scrunchy and a half up look, and Max with a green one holding up her ponytail.

"Good morning. You exited for today?" El started small talk with. "Yeah. You all get the chance to meet all of my friends today, as well." Before long, the party walked in with Steve, Robin, and a kind of aggravated Erica. "Why didn't you wake me up?" She said in a rather calming voice than the one she uses to insult Lucas.

Third POV (Narrator)

Everyone sat down to eat as if they were a proper family. Correction, they were a family. If not by genes, then by mind. They were family, no matter how different their bloods are. Before long, they were all putting up decorations in the yard. Most of the party things were in the front yard but, they had a movie set up and tents to put up in the back. They were camping out with a movie and a bonfire.

When everything was completely set up, it was around 3:30. The people were coming their at 4:45 so they had an hour to spare. In their spare time, Nina got Erica to let her teach her to use a bow and arrow. As they headed to the shooting area in the woods, around 4:15, the boys had arrived with their things for the night. What was surprising is that they had gotten the okay to stay. Well, that Bill and Stanley got the okay to stay. Edward had to lie to his mother and say that he was spending the night with his good friend, Bill's, house. He may have lied to his extremely overprotective mother but, with all of the medications he is under because of her Munchausen syndrome, he needed some time away from the woman he sees as his mother. She trusted the Denbrough's and the Uris's, not the Tozier's. She didn't even want her son being friends with Richard, saying he was a disease and that he'd make him sicker. Sickness, one of the tiny Kaspbrak's many fears.

Three of the boys walked through the yard with amazement on their face. Stanley was shocked that they had all of those decorations, but not surprised. The Byers household was one of many surprises.  They were also a force not to be reckoned with. He was there with his friends when the smallest of the pack stood up to Gretta Keene for Beverly Marsh. She stood in the Keene girls face and told her, word for word, to "Fuck off! This isn't some little girls playground for you to vandalize! She's a better person than you could ever be!" That made the young Uris just fall deeper.