Before

A/N: So this is the time during when Alex and Reggie we're broken up. The song used in this is called Tall as Heaven by Make Out Monday. It's in the top thing if you want to listen to it.

Also...WE JUST HIT 10K. Well we did yesterday but this chapter's going up today, and we are almost at 11k as I post this. I would like to thank you, but I'm guessing you guys already knew that's what I was going to do. This was actually a benchmark I had on my wall, and 20k is my next goal. I hope we can get there!!!!

Reggie's POV

Everything was just hitting me all at one time. Alex cheating, the constant pressure I've been feeling, and everything else just all at once. Maybe I should listen to Willie. I mean crossing over wouldn't be too bad would it?

Shut up stupid head. Crossing over would be the worst. I would be leaving Luke, Julie, Carrie, Flynn, and even Alex still. A life without them in it, or an afterlife in my case isn't worth living.

"Hi Mr." A girl that couldn't be more than 6 came up to me. She smiled at me with her smile missing two front teeth.

"Well hi there. How can I help you?" I smiled back down at her, which you could totally tell made her blush a little kid blush.

"I'm Caroline and I was wondering if you could play a song with your guitar. My mommy says you're really good, and that you play here all the time." She was looking at my acoustic. I usually leave my bass at the studio when I play at the beach. An acoustic is just easier for me to play by myself when doing a solo act.

"Sure sweetie. Just let me figure out what I'm going to play okay?" She smiled really brightly, nodded, and went back to her mommy who smiled at me also.

I knew exactly what I was going to play. It was a song I had written about everything. She was young enough that she wouldn't notice, but her mom probably would. Also Carrie, and Flynn usually come to see me play in about 20 minutes so I better do this fast.

I started playing the opening chords and just like that I was lost in the song.

[Verse 1]
Well you could kill me right now
With a turn from a kiss
And a purse of your lips
I'd be down
Well you could end my last doubt
With a spite in your voice
A care unworthy of the choice
You're screaming like I'm forcing you out

[Pre-Chorus]
And all this time spent on you
All these lines I wrote you
How dare they mean nothing at all?

[Chorus]
We almost touched it
(I touched it, I touched it)
Couldn't you feel it?
(I felt it, I felt it)
We tasted perfection
The closest I've ever been
We were as tall as heaven

[Verse 2]
Well you could save me right now
Just a short drive away
I'm not asking you to stay
It's just not healthy to feel this way tonight
I know you hate me right now
All the things that we said
Only our parents meant
Am I really not worth a friend after all this time

[Chorus]
We almost touched it
(I touched it, I touched it)
Couldn't you feel it?
(I felt it, I felt it)
We tasted perfection
The closest I've ever been
We were as tall as heaven

[Pre-Chorus]
And all this time spent on you
All these lines I wrote you
How dare they mean nothing at all?

And all this time spent on you
All these lines I wrote you
How dare they mean nothing at all?

[Chorus]
We almost touched it
(I touched it, I touched it)
Couldn't you feel it?
(I felt it, I felt it)
We tasted perfection
The closest I've ever been

We almost touched it
(I touched it, I touched it)
Couldn't you feel it?
(Oh I felt it)
We tasted perfection
The closest I'll ever get
We were as tall as heaven

As I finished the last chords you could hear applause from all directions. I turned to see the people applauding from behind only to see that it was Carrie and Flynn.

"Okay where did that song come from Reggie? I've never heard that one before." Flynn immediately went on her rant, and didn't notice the tears silently rolling down my face. Not that I wanted her to. The only reason they were showing in the first place is because they were ones that I couldn't keep down like the ones that I usually have.

"It's about Alex isn't it?" Carrie asked slowly as she grabbed me right before I sank back onto the bench I had been sitting on. 

I nodded, and Flynn came and wrapped her arms around me from my left.

Little did I know though that someone had been listening the whole time.

Alex's POV

That song was totally about me. I knew before I heard Carrie say it. The thing is I really want to apologise to him, but he won't talk to me, and he won't stay in a room with me long enough for me to get a word in.

I poof away from the beach and end up back in the studio. His part of the studio hasn't been touched in days. Yeah. He won't come back to the studio, because he thinks that I'll be there. The truth is though that I'm never in the studio. I'm always out looking for him.

For the first time in the days that he's been gone I walk over to his side and just hold his bass, because I can't hold him.

I have to get him back, and there's only one person who can help me do that.

I have to call Flynn