𝐂𝐇 • 𝟏𝟑

Can ya'll comment? I can't know if the story is doing good

───────── ౨ৎ ─────────

Two days had passed since the tense confrontation between Y/n and Mina, leaving an uncomfortable tension lingering in the air.

As Y/n found herself wandering through the park, two steaming cups of coffee in hand, she couldn't shake the heaviness in her heart.

Her original intention had been to keep herself awake, to distract herself from the whirlwind of emotions swirling inside her.

But as she rounded a corner and laid her eyes on Mina, seated alone on a bench with her tablet in hand, her plans came to an abrupt halt.

Y/n's footsteps faltered, her gaze fixed on Mina's figure bathed in the soft glow of the afternoon sun.

Despite the distance between them, Y/n could see the furrow of concentration on Mina's brow, the way her lips moved silently as she read through whatever was displayed on her screen.

For a moment, Y/n hesitated, unsure of what to do. The wounds from their argument were still fresh, the ache of their fractured friendship weighing heavily on her heart.

As Y/n neared Mina, she slowed her steps, her heart pounding with uncertainty. Taking a deep breath, she approached Mina and gently placed the second cup of coffee on her desk.

"Hey, Mina" Y/n greeted, trying to keep her tone light despite the tension between them.

"Thought you might need a pick-me-up." Mina glanced up, her expression guarded as she regarded Y/n with a cool detachment.

"Thanks" she replied curtly, her voice devoid of warmth.

Undeterred, Y/n flashed Mina a hopeful smile, determined to break through the icy barrier that had settled between them.

"Mind if I hang around for a bit?" she asked, gesturing to the empty space beside Mina.

Mina's gaze flickered with uncertainty, but she remained silent, her stoic demeanor unchanged.

Taking it as a tentative invitation, Y/n settled into the chair beside Mina, a nervous energy thrumming through her veins.

She fidgeted with her own cup of coffee, casting sideways glances at Mina in a futile attempt to gauge her reaction.

(👀)

But Mina remained impassive, her attention focused on her tablet as she continued to study with unwavering concentration.

It was as if she were a statue, unaffected by Y/n's attempts to engage her in conversation.

Undeterred, Y/n racked her brain for something to say, a way to break through Mina's defenses.

"So, uh.. how's the studying going?" she ventured, hoping to spark some kind of response from Mina.

Mina glanced up briefly, her expression unreadable.

"Fine" she replied shortly, her tone clipped. Y/n's heart sank at the curt response, the awkwardness between them growing more palpable by the second.

"So, this morning was insane" Y/n began, her voice laced with nervous energy as she launched into a rambling monologue.

"I swear, it felt like everything was going wrong at once. I had to deal with this emergency in the ER, and then there was this patient who—"