☀️

It was another average, tiring day for Felix. Nothing exciting really happened much for the boy since his all he did was focus on schooling. He thought of taking a part time job, but felt like it would take too much time away from his studying.

Even though he was a straight 'A' student, he always worried that he might slip up easily and end up failing. His anxiety liked to remind him of that, so he stuck with just focusing on one thing at a time.

The afternoon quickly drew to an end and the boy made his way to the near by dance studio where he helped out sometimes with teaching classes, as well as practicing on his own. He loved dancing. It was the only time he genuinely felt free and without worries.

Today, he had a small class for kids. It wasn't a beginners class so Felix was excited that he got to challenge them. They were always excited when he came to teach, since sometimes his friend Eric switched off with him for teaching. He knew secretly that the kids liked him better and Felix always teased his friend for it.

"Felix! What's up, dude!" A loud shout startled him as he entered the building. He sends a wave along with his classic bright smile to Eric.

"Hey, bro! Are you joining me for class today? You're usually not here in the afternoon on Tuesdays." Eric strides up next to Felix, as the latter goes to put his stuff down in his usual studio room. "Ah, I had to stay behind today to give extra help to some of my earlier students. I can stay if you want. I don't have anything to do later."

The Aussie nods his head, "Yeah, I bet the kids will love that."

It didn't take long to set up everything so the two began their stretches.

"So," Eric begins after a small silence. "You remember that one guy Mark Lee? I heard he's interested in you."

Felix sighs. This was a usual conversation with his friend. The other always tried to be a matchmaker for him and it was beginning to be frustrating. "He's nice, but I'm not really looking right now. Thank you, though."

"Ah, or are you only focused on that Ji guy?" Felix whips his head to his friend which causes Eric to chuckle.

"Wait, how do you know him?" Felix asks, curiosity growing in him quickly.

"Remember when I hacked your twitter?" Felix nods, remembering how he yelled at him for that, but then he teased the other for trying to get clout. "Well, I noticed that Ji guy always tweeting you and vice versa. He seems to really like you."

The freckled boy blushes, not really sure how to respond. That was just how Sung was. He was a great friend to those closest to him and always knew how to make one smile. There was never a dull moment with the older and he loved that about him.

"He wouldn't like someone like me, back," he sends out a soft chuckle. Felix decided he was better off just admiring from afar.

Eric looked at him with a sad expression, but didn't push the matter further. He didn't want to tell the other that the Ji guy might like him back because the truth was he didn't know the guy so he didn't want to give his friend false hope.

"Hi, Mr. Felix! Hi, Mr Eric stinky head!" A group of boys came running in through the door laughing their heads off at their joke. Felix joins them in the laughter, quickly forgetting his sadness.

He loved the energy in this group of kids and thats made him excited to teach them. The girls in the class usually strayed towards the front while the boys tend to stay in the back where they would sometimes goof off. The oldest two didn't really mind.

After an hour and a half of practicing special techniques, Felix called a break. The kids deserved one and they all looked like they really needed it.

"I love that they always want to work hard," Felix comments to Eric. Feeling the exhaustion falling on him heavily, he walks over to his bag to check his phone for any messages from the group chat or anyone else.

"Yeah, that's what makes them a great group of kids."

Felix doesn't respond to the other's words. A particular notification displayed on his lock screen catches his eye and gives him the urge to open it immediately.

"Oh my god."

Eric whips his head toward the older boy. "You okay, Lix?"

"I got in. They changed their minds. Eric, I got accepted into the auditions to possibly become a Stray Kids member!" The energy flows through him like electricity and immediately he bounces up from his crouched position on the ground. "Look!" He shoves his phone in the other's face.

Eric's curiosity got the best of him since he immediately grabs the other's phone from his hands. Felix didn't mind, he would have done the same.

"This is that group you love, right? Wait, did you send in that rap I helped you with?" Felix nods his head quickly.

"Yeah, I also sent in a video of a dance I choreographed. Wait, I could have sworn they didn't have anymore room." Felix pushes himself beside the younger to look at the email details.

"Someone dropped out."

A pit forms in Felix's stomach at those words. Did Jisung really follow through with what he told him? This won't be fun if one of his best friends wasn't going to be coming along this journey.

"Oh, Ji messaged you." Eric hands the phone back to the other, not wanting to intrude on the conversation.

————

ji
lixieeeee
good morning!

innie's lixie
JI!
PERFECT TIMING
i have a question

ji
no i don't know if the chicken
or the egg came first

innie's lixie
eye-
no...
lmfao
did you actually drop out of the
auditions?

ji
ohhh
no i kinda forgot about that hhh
but i can if you want me too!!
i don't want you to feel alone in this
your feelings matter to me

innie's lixie
wait that was cute
okay no distractions
BUT DONT DROP OUT

ji
OKAY I WONT
why not

innie's lixie
I GOT ACCEPTED IN

ji
WHAT?!
OMG SO THAT MEANS WE ALL
MIGHT BE IN SKZ TOGETHER
OMG OMG OMG WAIT THAT MEANS
WE GET TO MEET EACH OTHER
SOON THEN

innie's lixie
wait
soon?
WAIT WE HAVE TO GO TO KOREA
TO AUDITION OFFICIALLY
SOON???

ji
hhhh yeah did you not properly
read the email?
we have two and a half weeks

innie's lixie
woah
that's so soon
oh
i have to get back to the dance class
the kids are wondering why i'm not
back yet
talk to you later

ji
byyyeee lixie <3