Chapter 9: Early Halloween Special

It was a cold day in the city of Axel.

Winter was coming, everybody knew what that meant.

The crops won't grow, the monster's grow aggressive while the nobles hole themselves in their mansions. not batting an eye to the whims of the peasants.

in the cold town of Axel we find the hero of this story, A young adventurer by the name of Satou Kazuma.

Kazuma was an adventurer in the town of Axel, His party consisted of an archpriestess who claims to be of godhood, An archmage who claimed to have mastered the art of explosion, and a crusader of light who goes by the name of Darkness.

Kazuma was feeling down, The first winter outside of his home will soon come, and living in the Stables has taught him that he will surely freeze to death.

He needs money, It doesn't help that all his money is taken by the Priestess Aqua to earn herself more debt.

Yet, as Kazuma passed by the board showing the available quests, something caught his eye.

A simple quest to be a subject of an experiment of a Wizard by the name of Gordius.

Gordius has  created a potion that should allow the drinker to feel better without any side effects.

He just needs someone to test the potion on.

"Without side effects, With a reward of 500,000 Eris, I would be able to buy lodging for the winter!" And with that thought, Satou Kazuma took the quest and headed to where the man known as Gordius has specified.

As Kazuma reached the old rickety cabin he was sure he made a wrong, but he had to check for sure.

"Hello, Is anybody here?" He called in.

Without warning the door opened and all Kazuma saw beyond the rotting wooden door was the darkest of dark, The blackest of black, As if the abyss itself was peering into him.
"Come" it whispered to him, urging him to enter the ancient wizards abode, "Come"
it called, It begged for Kazuma to enter and so he did.

Beyond the abyss of the front door was a single room. None of the windows Kazuma saw outside were seen inside, "Must be an Illusion" he guessed.

In that windowless room was a single table with a single vial of a transparent, green liquid and a single note before it.

To the adventurer who has accepted the request know this
The moment you drink from the vial you will get the promised coin
However, If you leave the room with the vial, You will be cursed for the next hundred years
- Sir Henry Gordius.

Kazuma swallowed his saliva, His hand inched closer to the vial, and without thinking too much about it, He drank it all in one gulp.

He proceeded to pass out.

------

When Kazuma Awoke he found himself in what he can only call a mansion, He knew not of what happened but he found the deed to the estate in his hands, signed in his name.

"Kazuma Kazuma!" a blue haired girl called out to him.

Kazuma recognized her as his party member, the archpriestess Aqua.

"Yes, I'm Kazuma" Kazuma responded to the yell coming from the girl.

"How did you get the money for this mansion? Did you rob a noble? Did you steal from Darkness's Father?! Did you still any Booze?" The priestess rattled out question after question, word after word.