Chapter 3

....

" I uhh.."
"Come on, say it" Hange-san pressured me.
"I was going on a walk ma'am!" I saluted her. It wasn't a lie but, it's not reaally the reason I was standing outside of the room.
"And you decided to do that down here?" She looked confused.
"Well I can't go outside, so I have to ma'am!"
"Very well, it's nice to see you considering your choices and not just going for the first thing that comes in mind." She laughed.
"T-thank you ma'am!"
"Now, would you mind me joining you? I'd like to have a chat with you."
"O-of course!"

Hange started walking on the opposite direction of Captain's office. I'm kinda scared about the conversation she wants to have. Hange is usually a bright and funny person but she seemed a lot more serious this time.

"So tell me Eren, how do you feel about this whole situation?"
"Umm, we're in a tight spot but.. I think that we'll be able to go through it. And I trust everyone here with my life so.."
"So?" She looked at me raising her eyebrow while having an almost evil smirk.
"So I'm not afraid. I know that you, the Commander, and the Captain will do your best to protect me and everyone else. And I'll to my best to make it easier for all of you."

What I said is true. I do know that they'll protect us. They're super strong, and they've trained more than anyone. But I'm still afraid.. I'm afraid I'll do something stupid and blow everything up. I don't want to put anyone at risk like I usually do...

"Thank you for your trust Eren." She smiled. "But..." She looked at the ground and sighed. "Lately, there have been too many sightings and suspicious things going on."

I started at her blankly. Is that why she and Captain were fighting?

"Last night, we were on patrol and.. we saw.. a guy from Kenny's team. We chased after him but he got away. Luckily we weren't close to the underground, so I don't think they've found us yet. But they're close."

We stopped walking and sat at a table. I was shocked. How could they have been so close to finding us already?

"If things keep going this way we'll be discovered in a week. And I don't know how much longer we can keep misleading them."
"Hange-san?" I said in a soft tone.
"Yes?"
"It's okay. Do you have a plan? I'll do my best to help!"
She laughed, but it sounded so.. sad.
"I have a plan."

I waited for her to continue.

"Buuut the midget does not agree with it. He says it's too risky."
"Are we not in a position where we need to take risks!?" I shouted, thankfully we were alone.
"That's exactly my point Eren." She laid back on her chair while supporting her head with her hands. "But Captain's in charge. So I can't do shit."
"But!!--"
She stood up abruptly, "Anyway. I've got things to do so I shall take my leave." She started walking away. "Oh, Eren?"

I looked back up at her. She looked at me with a knowing expression. "Captain wants you in his office tonight."
"Y-yes ma'am."

And with that she left. I wonder what Captain wants? We haven't really been talking lately. And I barely even see him here. He's always outside looking for clues and stuff. To be frank, I'm relieved and at the same time stressed. Not having Captain around makes me at ease, and I don't feel awkward. But not having here makes me feel unsafe..

I feel terrible for depending so much on Captain. He must be stressed. I really just want to help relieve his stress, make him feel good for once. Every time I see him these past weeks he seems more depressed and dead than usual. I just want to see him happy.

~~

It's almost nighttime. I fell asleep, but Connie woke me up. Thank God.

"Hey dude, wake up!" He shook me