Chapter 4

....

Almost 4 hours have passed since I talked with Captain and Historia, he said he wants to talk to me about a certain matter. Is he finally going to talk to me about the kiss? It's already been almost 2 weeks since it happened and he hasn't mentioned it once. I just want to know how he really feels..

To be frank, I don't even know how I feel about it. I was so drunk I can't remember how it felt. Damnit! Couldn't I be a little more sober? I.. wanna know how Captain's lips feel.. is that weird?..

~~

By now, it's 12 am. Everyone is asleep, and I still haven't decided when to visit Captain Levi. He never mentioned a specific time, or place. But I guess he'd want to talk somewhere private about such thing. So I'm guessing his office.

Well it is already too late, and I don't think he's awake at this hour. But then again it's Captain so he might be cleaning or something.

I let out a quiet sigh, I should probably get some sleep.

~~

"Eren."

Whaaat?

"Eren?"

What is iiit?

"Eren!!"

I jolted up from my bed, "What!!!--" knocking my head on the top bunk, "What happened!? Ouch.." I look at the side of the bed to see Mikasa standing there.

"It's time to wake up." She turned around and put on her jacket.
"W-why are you getting all suited up? What's happening?" I got out of the bed and reached out for my uniform.
"Captain Levi is holding a meeting, everyone is expected to be present."
"When?" I started getting dressed, starting from my pants.
Mikasa turned around, giving me a bit of privacy that I didn't really ask for, "In 8 minutes."
"WHAT?" I quickly got dressed up, but the buckles on my harness refused cooperate. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME SOONER??"
"You didn't wake up when I tried the first time."
"UUUUUGH."
"7 minutes."
"SHUT UP I'M TRYING."
"Okay okay." She giggled while she walked out of the room.

After getting dressed, finally, I caught up with Mikasa, Armin and the other and went to the cafeteria, where the meeting was held.

"I wonder what he wants to talk about this time." Armin questioned with a smile.
"Probably to nag us for not cleaning enough." Jean said while rolling his eyes.
"Hahahaha, most probably." Connie laughed at Jean's comment.
"Yeah what's his deal with cleanliness anyway? We're fine the way we are, why does he have to boss us around for something like that? It's stupid." Jean continued, with a quite loud tone.
"Uuh, J-Jean.." Connie said quietly.

"So you find my orders stupid Mr. Kirstein?"

A familiar and frightening voice creeped up behind us, stoping right next to Jean.

"No Captain!" Jean bowed in a 90° angle.
"That's what I thought." He walked to the back of the cafeteria to face us all. Everyone saluted him.
"At ease." Captain said with a hint of boredom in his voice.
"I've gathered you all here because I have a few matters that I need to talk to you about. First and foremost, I should let you all know that we have found a plan to counterattack and perhaps even win this fight."

A bunch of people started whispering, some said hopeful words like 'we're gonna win', some said words like 'what's even the point anymore'. I wish people would trust him more, like I do.

"I will give more details later, but all you need to know for now is that, our priority is Ms. Reiss and Mr. Jaeger. You job is to protect them with your lives and get them to the palace safely." He looked around, each person he met eyes with froze. "A reminder, Kenny is close. Closer than we anticipated. We now have less than a week to prepare. So you better get your heads on the fight and forget everything else." He straightened his back and with a stern expression he said, "This is war. And I expect you all to fight with your lives. For the Survey Corps. For humanity."