Chapter 30

Y/N

After Sehun left, it took me moments before I started moving around the kitchen to make breakfast. As the food cook, I was getting myself and my mouth ready as I am about to make a lot of phone calls. I already have thought about this, I will have to cancel all of Baekhyun's schedules for this week. Aside from his wounded hand, he also need to sort out his mind and heal himself. He can't go to work with lots of thoughts bugging him.

Before cancelling some schedules, I suddenly felt the need to apologize to someone. So the first person I called is Jian's manager. My feet tapped against the floor as I waited for him to answer. Though I have readied my words, the moment he answers the call, I flinched as if I wasn't expecting it.

"Uh, incase you're calling for an update. The group may have to fly overseas to promote and will probably take a while. Surely Jian won't be able to meet your artist." he sounded intimidated by me. Considering that he's new to his job as a manager of an idol, he had always been intimidated every time I reach out to him to report or ask something about Jian.

I realized how I've been so rude to him for having such impression.

"I am indeed calling for an update and I have to tell you something," I chuckled softly. "You've improved a lot as a manager."

"No one ever told me that before."

I pursed my lips and jumped up to sit on the kitchen counter as I thought of the next words to tell him. "This will be my last phone call with you to tell you to handle your artist well. I'd like to apologize for bossing you around all the time." since Baekhyun knows the truth now, I guess he doesn't want to talk to Jian ever again and won't even try to reach out to her. That's why I'm stopping right here and won't call her manager anymore.

"I'm always fine with it. I learned a lot about being a manager because of you."

That made my heart feel light. At least I know he never held some anger for me because of how I treated him. Maybe there really are times he felt upset for being scolded, who wouldn't be? But my apology gave it away and in a snap, all of those times that he's upset because of me bossing him around, disappeared - Which makes apology an important thing to someone who goes through something we didn't know about.

Amazing how a simple apology could mean so much to a person... Like me, who's still waiting for that, from him.

"I have to go now by the way. Take care on your way with the girls."

"Thank you."

When the call ended, it was as if the weight of the world has been lifted from my shoulders; a relieved sigh escapes past my lips.

When I remember the tons of calls I still have to make, I could just whine internally as I picked up the tablet that shows my checklist of Baekhyun's tight schedule for this week. I jumped off the counter to check the food I was making while dialing a certain number.

"Hi, I'm Baekhyun's manager. I would just like to apologize as I have to cancel today's filming of a hand cream advertisment." I scratched the back of my neck. Cancelling schedules like this is a hassle for those who got everything ready and I don't want them to think Baekhyun's being a nuisance to them. "Baekhyun had injured his hand. Can you move the filming to when his hand heals? It was really a bad wound."

"No problem, manager-nim. Something came up with the production team too."

And so it goes on. I cancelled all of what Baekhyun has to do today: the filming of his Knowing Bros episode appearance and vocal lessons. Then I proceeded to his schedules for the week, apologizing for hundreds of times to different people for having to cancel everything they have been working so hard to happen.