Chapter 32

Y/N

Y/N

I thought I could finally have a peaceful sleep after SM released the statement and those journalists had received their notice that they'll be sued for defaming Baekhyun and for publishing biased articles filled with lies.

But in the middle of the night, I was awakened to the sound of my doorbell. With only one eye opening, I sleepily made my way to the door without in my state of mind and just opened it.

My sleepiness instantly disappeared when I was pulled towards the person behind my door and squeezed the life out of me with his arms tight around my body and my head tucked under his chin. The embrace was so tight, I'm afraid I might shrink inside his arms or he will leave marks around my skin.

"Don't leave," Baekhyun frantically whispered, he was panting. "Why did you say that? Why did you tell Sooman?" he pulled away to look at me, hands on the either sides of my shoulders; they were cold.

He seems to be panicking, beads of sweat forming on his forehead and he appears to be pale. Calmly, I asked, "What are you talking about?"

"You testified as a fan! You told him!" he exclaimed, I had to look if someone's around since we're standing in the middle of the hallway and I have to be cautious, sasaengs might be around and listening even at a time such as 1 AM.

"Did he fired you?"

"Baek-" he didn't give me that chance to answer and walks past me, striding inside my apartment. Confused, I followed after him and he leads us to my bedroom. Baekhyun went straight to my closet and the moment he saw my clothes neatly hung and folded, his panting ceased.

He turns to me. "But I thought you were leaving? You... I saw you packing your things!"

I couldn't help but giggle at his panicking state and that must've confused him, he regained his color and even painted his ears red — which I could see even in my dimly lit bedroom.

"That was just a dream, a stupid dream." I chortled softly as I walked closer to him, hand then reaching to take his uninjured one into mine. I couldn't bear to look at him as I filled the gaps in between his fingers and pulled him with me until we're out of my room.

While making our way to my kitchen a shy, suppressed smile takes over my visage. His once cold hand is warming and I can't figure out whose hand is sweating the longer they're intertwined. I didn't mean to think this way, I just want to comfort him like how Sehun holds my hand to make me feel better.

I only let go of him the moment we reached the kitchen and then I proceeded to get him a glass of water.

"But I saw SM's statement. They said you are a fan."