Glenn Frey #1

I looked up at the massive building in front of me. Mostly tall, mirrored windows with tan paint bordering them at the seperation of the floors. The street before me slowed of traffic for the moment and I was able to cross. I slowed as I got to the revolving doors and calmed my breath, entering the hotel lobby. 

People in bustled about, finding associates or meeting someone new. Everyone seemed like they knew where they belonged. I felt very out of place. Looking down at the papers I had in my hand, I read in big letters:

INVESTING YOUR MONEY INTO FINANCIAL STABILITY 

Just under that read: With Edward Frey

Then I realised I was in the way. Stepping off to the side, just out of the way of the entrance, I watched men and women in their best business attire. Men in crisp, blue, solid and pinstripe suits with gold cufflinks. Women with their hair done in tight twists and nails painted. Their heels so high and shiny they reflected the brilliant chandelier hanging over our heads. 

I took a deep breath in, catching a glimpse of my reflection in the tile wall. My hair was in a loose bun at the back of my head, with tendrils falling around my face. And my black, thick strapped tank top matched well with the dress pants I wore. And my red necklace matched with the red flats I had on. But I felt so underdressed for this place. 

"It's this way, Harriet. Follow me, dear." I heard a woman say.

I looked up at the woman and her friend, hurrying forward along the blue carpet of the lobby. Glancing at my reflection once more, I followed after them, trying to look like I knew what I was doing without their help. 

They stopped short at the doorway of a room, and so did I. A man in a hotel uniform began to walk toward them. 

"Oh I do hope it hasn't started without us." One woman said, reaching for the doorknob. 

"I'm sorry, ladies. The seminar's been moved to this room over here."

"Has it? Oh, well thank you."

He nodded to them with a smile, then noticed me  

"The Garrison wedding party is being held in that room, miss." He said, gesturing to the room the two women almost in. 

"No, I'm not..." I paused, watching the man turn away from me and walk after the women. 

I clenched my teeth together, staring at the man as he entered the room. I pressed my fingers to my temple, closing my eyes for a moment. 

Alright, it's okay... Just get through this stupid seminar...

"(Y/N)?" 

I opened my eyes, making eye contact with Glenn Frey. He was in a black suit and red tie. His hair was slicked back, and looked a lot shorter as if he had cut it. But I knew the guy better than to think he cut his hair. 

"What are you doing here?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and quickly replied, "What are you doing here?"

"I asked you first."

"I asked you first? How old are you, nine?"

Glenn took a deep breath, turning his head to the side. "I'm helping my dad with his investment seminar. I'm being the dutiful son or whatever. It's fucking boring."

"I bet." I nodded, attempting to step past him. 

"Why're you here?" He asked again, grabbing my arm to stop me.

I hesitated for a second, trying to come up with something to say.

 "I'm here with my dad. He drug me along and I'm just heading in."