EXHUMED

Brad walks briskly into the interrogation room with a poly bag on one hand and a briefcase on the other.

"Hello Jordan" he says as he drops his briefcase and the poly bag on the table then adjusts his glasses before sitting down. He opens the briefcase where he pulls out his journal and as he flips through the pages, he looks up at Jordan who was looking back at him with his eyes slightly closed.
"Good morning" Brad greets again.

"Thanks" Jordan replies, folding his hands.

"That's a weird response. But I'm glad you didn't kill your self"

"Don't get used to it" Jordan scoffs.

"Yeah. Sure." Brad gives a faint smile and continues flipping the pages of his journal. "About our story..."

"I thought we ended that yesterday?" Jordan interrupts

"You didn't tell me what you did with the corpse"

After much hesitation, Jordan looks at Brad and mumbles. "I'm hungry"

"I thought so."

Brad pushes the poly bag to Jordan who opens it and reads the tag on the plate slowly. "Movinia"

"Eat up." Brad gestures with his hand

"Don't tell me what to do!"

Jordan quickly opens up to food to taste it.

"It's not even sweet" he scoffs and continues eating it.

"Well, you're welcome" Brad smiles. "So, about the body?"

"Right... the body"

[ FEBRUARY 7th, 2017 - 11:32AM ]

"Calm down. Tell me, where's the body?" Jordan asked holding Adam firmly as they sat on the floor.

"Her- her room" he stuttered.

"Come on. Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Stephanie's"

Jordan helped Adam get up. He rushed toward the bathroom door to pick a face towel that hung there, soaked it in water and cleaned up Adam's sweaty face.

They quietly entered Stephanie's room, making sure nobody saw them and immediately they locked the door, they turned to look at the corpse. After two minutes of silence and deep thoughts, Jordan broke the silence

"Grab the duvet, let's wrap her up."

"What are we going to do with the body?" Adam asked as he dragged the duvet off the scattered bed, letting everything on it fall on the ground.

"We have to dispose it somehow. But right now, we can't just leave her like this."

"Jordan, I'm scared"

"I know. And I want you to relax. Look, the best thing to do now is..."

"Just bury the damn body" Someone interrupted from behind the door.

Immediately, everything went quiet. All they could hear were their hearts, beating simultaneously and loud like they were connected to speakers. They only snapped back into reality when they heard a knock on the door. They stayed quiet as they stared at each other. They heard the knock again and this time, Adam fidgeted.

"Who do you think that is?" Adam whispered

"How am I supposed to know? Whoever that is, they know Stephanie is dead!"

"What are we going to do?"

Before Jordan could respond, they heard the voice behind the door again.