GOODBYE JORDAN

[ FEBRUARY 20th, 2017 - 1:45PM ]

David walked into the dorm room, he looked at the bed where Jordan sat, watching a movie from his laptop.

"Where's Ray?" He asked with a pity look as Jordan pointed at the kitchen door.

"What's up?" Jordan asked

"Nothing. I'm starving." He replied before walking into the kitchen.

After a few minutes of mumbling, Raymond came out of the kitchen and shut the door. He turned to Jordan, who immediately looked back at him as he mouthed

"he called them"

Immediately, David walked out of the kitchen too with a tray of food and fruits and he dropped it on the bed before Jordan, he looked at him with a smirk.
"Eat now...thank me later"

"Thanks, but you're the one who's starving." Jordan replied, pushing the tray away with one finger.

David slowly took the tray and walked back into the kitchen where he dropped it. He stood there for a couple minutes before walking out to find Raymond on the bed, beside Jordan, watching the laptop screen with teary eyes.

The next thirty minutes were awkward. They sat there, without saying anything and suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

"Coming..." Raymond said, getting out of the bed only for Jordan to pull him back.

"Let me get it."

He got out of the bed and after a deep breath, proceeded to the door. Raymond and David stared at themselves simultaneously before looking back at Jordan who finally opened up the door to see police men standing behind it.

"Mister Jordan Damilola, you're under arrest..."

"Just cuff me already" Jordan interrupted as he stretched forth his hands. He slowly turned back to meet David's eyes and quietly, he said "thank you".

"I'm sorry" David whispered with tears in his eyes as he watched his brother get cuffed and taken away.

[ FEBRUARY 18th, 2017 ]

David and Raymond quietly walked down an empty lane. They walked quite a distance without uttering any word to themselves.

Evening walks had become a daily routine for them since Jordan started living with them and most times, they just plugged in their earphones and walked without saying anything.

This evening though, it was different. David kept looking at Raymond as though he wanted to say something but didn't know how to. Raymond on the other hand would look back at him and look away too. He knew David was going to say something cause the David he knows couldn't stay so long without saying one or more nonsense and he wasn't ready for it.

As expected, David cleared his throat, "Ray" he called.

"What?" Ray rolled his eyes as he took out his earphones and turned to face David.

"Do you think we're doing the right thing?"

"I don't understand what you're talking about."