Chapter 4: You're Dead

"So Christian is a vampire, right?" Asked Lu, sitting on Jake's bed.

"He is indeed" answered Jake, doing the same.

Jake and Lu had spent most the night in Jake's house, catching up and watching TV. They had missed spending time together. True it had only been one day but they usually spent every waking moment together. Most people would get sick of it but not Lu and Jake. This is why everyone always imagined the other when you mentioned one of them. They were inseparable and everyone who knew them knew it.

"How did that come about?" Asked Lu, slightly concerned.

"He's a friend of Max" answered Jake, noticing Lu's concern and smiling. "Don't worry, he's nice."

"Oh he's nice is he?" Smirked Lu, nudging Jake's arm.

"Are you serious?" Replied Jake, nudging back. "I've known him for less then 24 hours."

"That's more then enough time" laughed Lu.

"Alright, we're not having this conversation" said Jake, also laughing a bit but mostly going red. "So, what have you been up to? You kind of went on radio silence for a little bit."

"I was hanging out with family" replied Lu, thinking about how to phrase it. "My auntie came to visit and she introduced me to some of her friends. One of them is Mary's new co-worker actually."

"Oh right" said Jake, listening to Lu's every word. "And will I ever get to meet this auntie of yours?"

"Yeah probably" replied Lu, smiling that Jake was even interested in meeting her extended family. "If you behave."

- • -

The next day, after Lu had said goodbye and left Jake's house, Jake got ready and the also left. As Lu was heading home, Jake was on his way to Max's again. Everyone from the previous day was to regroup and share what information they had found. When Lu asked "what do you have planned tomorrow?" Jake simply told her he was doing something with his dad. In the end, Jake had decided to not tell Lu anything about the witches and all the new vampires that had suddenly come into his life. All of them except Christian of course. Lu was going to be busy today anyway, doing something with her auntie again. It was around midday when Jake left his house and arrived at Max's building. He made his way upstairs to the right floor and and then to the right apartment. When he got there, Christian was just arriving as well. So they ended up walking in together.

"Hey Pup, how was your night with the girl?" Asked Christian with a smirk.

"It was nice and it wasn't what you're thinking it was" answered Jake with a smile, knowing Christian was just trying to wind him up. "And how was your night?"

"It was alright" said Christian. "Found the most amazing take-out place."

"Oh really? And where was that?" Asked Jake, smiling.

"On the corner opposite the the church" answered Christian, also smiling.

"The hospital?" Said Jake concerned but didn't receive an answer.

Once the two of them were inside, everyone else was already there waiting for them. It was safe to say Mary and Max had found Jade's company absolutely delightful. Everyone spent a little bit saying "good morning" and catching up and then it was down to business. It started with Jade, India and Millie revealing how many possible witches they had found. That didn't make anyone feel less safe because there was already more then one and the number the progenies did have wasn't that concrete. Next, it was Christian and Jake explaining that no one came or went from the Coven whilst they were watching, unless there was a secret entrance they obviously didn't know about. Last, it was time for Mary and Max to tell everyone what they had found out about witches in a whole.