FOUR.

Adamaris changed her clothes and went to go lie down on her bed. It was 4:30pm and cheer practice had just ended. She was fucking exhausted. They were doing a whole bunch of things to prepare for homecoming, since they're going against Beverly. That whole school day she couldn't stop thinking about Asher. Aka JJ as she thought.

She had many boyfriends in the past, either they were too clingy for her, too toxic, or too pushy. She didn't like being single but then again she did. She had commitment issues but didn't like to admit it. She felt something off about Asher but didn't know what. If only she knew who he really was.

Maybe I should look him up on that one stats football website. No girl don't do that. You just met him. Even if you look him up, you'll find Asher Adams and you'll want to get him jumped for fucking with your cousin. And you promised Spencer you wouldn't. Also you'd get kicked out of school. A phone call interrupted Adamaris' thoughts and it was from Asher. She laughed and immediately picked up.

"What do you want white boy?" He laughed. "Damn that's how you greet me after being so nice to you?" She rolled her eyes. "You ran into me remember? I don't remember hearing an apology from you."

"But I did apologize."

"I don't recall."

"But I did."

"But you didn't."

The two kept going back and forth until Asher let her win. They both knew he apologized to her but she loved making him mad. "So what are you up to right now?" He asked. "I just got home from cheer practice. Spencer is coming over later. You?"

"I was gonna ask you if you wanted to hang out but you already have plans." He awkwardly chuckled. "You can hang out with us. I mean we might go to Crenshaw later but that's really it."

"I-I'll pass. Tomorrow?" He asked. "Sure, wait don't you guys have a game tomorrow?" She wondered. "I can miss it." She laughed. "JJ, I'm not going to be the reason your football team hates you. Also I just met you and already you want to ditch football for me. You like me or something?" She teased.

Before he could respond, she was interrupted by a knock at her door. "Hey Spencer's here." Jalen said on the other side before leaving. "I gotta go JJ, I'll talk to you later." She hung up the phone. Damn I should've at least told him have a good day. Anyways. She went downstairs and greeted her cousin.

"We need to talk." Spencer walked in with a harsh tone.

The connection Asher felt with Adamaris was out of this world. A connection he hadn't felt in a long time. Maybe it was because he was bored and wanted attention since Layla wasn't giving him any or the fact Adamaris could give him what he wanted. Sex and the Malibu plays. Either way, he couldn't get the girl off his mind but he kept saying to himself 'I'm with Layla.' A doorbell ring interrupted his thoughts and he got up to open it, and it so happened to be Layla.

"Hey. You had me worried sick." She pulled him into a hug. "Yeah I-I just have a lot on my mind that's all." He replied. "Asher what you did was wrong and you know it." She sighed. "This isn't you. Not the Asher I know."

"Look Layla if you came all the way here to yell at me you should just go. I don't need to hear anybody's sh-"

She cut him off immediately just by the tone of his voice. "You know what I will. I don't know what's been going on with you lately Asher, but you need to get your act together." She left, slamming the door behind her.