NINE.

"Who's this El Debarge-looking dude?" Coop gave a stank face. "Jordan." Spencer was annoyed already. Oh hell nooo.. Jordan Baker. Adamaris looked away.

"Look like he bastardizing the poor greens is what it looks like." Coop looked over at Jordan trying to help out. "More like making them goo." Adamaris chimed in. "Jordan was sweet enough to help me out while he waited on you." Grace told her son.

"I don't know if help would be the word I would use .." Dillon added. "Ok, everybody's got jokes today huh?" Jordan lifted his head up, making eye contact with Adamaris looking her up and down. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"You know what Adamaris, maybe I will." he licked his lips, eyeing her.

"What you two know each other?" Spencer asked. He nodded his head. "Malibu right? Daughter of the Derek Davis?" She nodded her head. "And you? Jordan Baker? The snitch from Beverly and Billy Baker's son right?"

Coop tried to hide her laugh but couldn't. "Yo Maris you're hilarious!" Spencer nudged her, making her quiet down. "Wait how do you and Spencer know each other?" They looked at each other. "We're cousins." Spencer answered, Jordan raising his eyebrows. "No way! That's dope!"

Coop and Adamaris awkwardly chuckled, as Spencer and Jordan went to the other room and talked about their differences. "I saw the way he was looking at you Adamaris, maybe don't give him so much attitude?" Grace implied. "Adamaris going for a tattle taleee I see it." Adamaris punched Coop in the arm, one again. "Ow! Girl damn! You got a mean streak!"

"Don't. But Jordan? I barley know him, we've only seen each other at football games against our schools, plus you know his dad and my dad hate each other either way it's plain dirty to Spencer for what that kid has done to him. You know aunt Grace he sni-"

"We all make mistakes Adamaris. He's a nice kid. He told me everything, he came all the way here for Spencer. I know he's trying to right his wrongs. And the drama between your fathers shouldn't affect the relationship you two have." Adamaris chuckled. "We hardly know each other, it's weird as hell, there is no relationship."

"Tell him to leave Auntie." Adamaris glared at her. "Too late. I already told him he could stay! Plus he seems to get along with Jalen very well, now go and help your brother by setting up."  Adamaris groaned. "I don't like him either Maris, you ain't alone." Coop added. "Wait where's my dad?" She wondered. "He had some business to care of in Malibu, he'll be back tomorrow."

⭒ ⭒ ⭒

Layla got up from her seat to bring JJ, Asher, and Olivia all food and drinks again. Once more, JJ announced he had to drop a deuce. "I'm sick of him." Olivia grumbled. "You and me both." Asher agreed.

"So.. I heard what happened today on the field, you want to explain?" Asher groaned. "Why so you can lecture me some more about how shitty of a person I am? Layla already did that." Olivia scooted closer to him. "I'm not giving you a lecture. I just want to know why, Ash."

"Why what?" He sipped his drink, trying to not make eye contact with her. "Why you hate him so much? I've never seen you like this with somebody, unless you feel threatened."

"I don't feel threatened Liv. It's just, he thinks he can get away with everything, he thinks he's the shit. He and Layla are always flirting or together 24/7 and it's weird. It's just fucken weird. If he can't get over a little hazing then he's a big pussy." He scoffed. "Hazing Ash? Wow? Really? Your definition of hazing is literally harassing him everyday that he's here, I know you made the meme."