SIX.

"Where the hell you think you're going wearing that?" Jalen questioned his sister. "Out? Duh." She answered him. "Not wearing that."

(super long chapter)

"Jalen. You are not my father." Her brother laughed and made a face at her. "But I'm your brother."

"My little brother." She mocked him."Okay?"

"Okay. I'm still wearing it?"

"Pops gonna beat your ass." Adamaris raised her eyebrows. "He isn't going to find out Jalen. I know you aren't a snitch."

"You right. Speaking of pops beating your ass, you're lucky he didn't find out about the prank. Considering he finds out everything."

"Well you know how he gets, it's better he doesn't find out." She sighed. "You know Maris you needa stop doing shit like that before you get kicked out, you know how much Malibu means to dad."

"How did this conversation go from you telling me not wear this outfit to you telling me to take responsibility for my actions?"

"I'm just saying. If he finds your stash or finds out all the shit you be doing with his football players he is definitely b-"

"Beating my ass huh? So me defending Spencer is something I shouldn't have done then? He's your guys' family too."

"You didn't have to trash their field Adamaris. If they did that to our school I know you woulda been pissed. If they find out Spencer is related to us they're gonna blame him. "

"Jalen can we go back to where you pointed out my outfit instead of this? I'm not in the mood right now."

"So you just gonna go out without even letting pops know how late it is? Past curfew? It's a school night."

Adamaris knew she wasn't the golden child. Not anymore. She used to be a daddy's girl, but ever since their move to Malibu, they have gotten distant. Same with her and her siblings. Her father started caring more about football and his sons, while Adamaris was left in the dark.

Jalen and Adamaris were the youngest of the four as Jalen wasn't super close with his sister as he used to be, but he always tried keeping her in check. She was turning into somebody he didn't recognize anymore, but what are you going to do when you lose your own mother?

Jalen worried about his sister, every time she went out, every time she came to school and took a long time coming back, or even when she went outside to get the mail. He worried about her in Crenshaw too but he noticed the way she was changing, somebody that wasn't his sister.

He felt bad that he and his other two brothers, Deondre and Jesus, barley checked up on her after their mom passed. They family was close together for a few months until they moved to Malibu. Adamaris hid her grief, while the rest of her family didn't.