Chapter 5: Blessé

This story was influenced by "Giving In" by Artificial

Chapter 5: Blessé

Russia quietly got out of bed, leaving Belarus to sleep by her self. He looked at the Canadian sleeping soundly, even if he was awkwardly seated. Russia found the boy a bit… Interesting. He had noticed the boy's flinches at the question he had asked, how he didn't even respond to it. The boy's personality, why would he help Russia? To be honest, the Russian didn't even remember asking the boy for notes, seeing him at the meeting, he didn't remember the boy at all.

But still, he was curious. He pulled a thin blanket off the bed without disturbing Belarus and put it on Canada, all he did was plop it on the boy though, nothing more. Canada almost immediately grabbed the blanket and pulled it closer to him, getting snuggled in it. He looked a little cute little kid sleeping wherever after coming home from an amusement park.

Russia knew the boy was naïve and innocent, he didn't know as much as Russia did. It was only natural for him to want to help then, Russia thought, no other reason. Just being naïve. Russia took a little trip into the bathroom, he wasn't so tired anymore and it was too early (late) for him to go to sleep. He decided to wake up, he splashed some water on his face a couple times and then dried off. He didn't feel as warm, stuffy, or aching as he did before, that boy really did help.

He stood against the wall of the bathroom thinking for a moment. It was strange, a ghost usually followed him. That damn General Winter followed him everywhere, even if no one or himself saw the cold creature, Russia felt him. But right now, that ghost was gone. He didn't remember how long it was since he noticed the demon wasn't around him, but he realized it had been quite a while. How strange, he thought.

He walked back out to the room to find the same scene from where he left. Canada still sleeping, Belarus held onto the pillow on the bed while she slept, probably thinking it was her older brother, and Ukraine was sleeping on the couch with Kumajirou cuddled in her arms, the bear slept pretty well too.

Russia grabbed the notes he had barrowed from the boy and sat at the desk in the room. He looked them over, he had nothing else to do so he figured he would catch up on what he didn't remember from the meeting, he was feeling much better anyway so he could concentrate on it. He found nothing interesting, simple things regarding America's economy problems (which is why Russia was feeling so bad, America was bringing everyone down with him), some weaponry talk, which was Russia's favorite, and then the Olympics in London came up, and that made him think of sports, sports as in Hockey. Now he wished he could watch a game or play it, he liked ramming players into the wall and watching them deal with the pain or even bleed.

Morning came and Ukraine took Belarus to go pick up some breakfast, against Belarus' protest, while Russia decided to take a shower and get dressed for the day. While Russia showed, Canada still sleep awkwardly in the chair. Kumajirou had woke up from the movement of Ukraine getting up, she didn't mean to disturb the bear's sleep but she managed to.

Morning was quiet, Kumajirou was bored and hungry. He jumped off the couch and trotted over to his owner. He bit onto the blanket and pulled it off hoping to wake him up, but it didn't work. Canada moved around a bit, moaned, but stayed asleep. This annoyed Kumajirou and the bear climbed up onto Canada.

"Wake up," He put his paws on Canada's cheeks and pressed "Whats-your-name wake up." Canada squinted and moaned but managed to stay asleep, he was still pretty sick and tired and wouldn't get up. Kumajirou wouldn't give up in waking the Canadian. He grabbed onto pieces of his hair and pulled. Canada moaned a little more and pushes Kumajirou away a bit, which almost made him fall off Canada's lap. He clutched on though and pulled himself onto his lap again. He got a bit of an evil smile and reached for that "special curl" on his head.