Chapter 8: "Camarade"

This story was influenced by "Giving In" by Artificial.

Chapter 8: "Camarade"

Canada slept for the rest of the day into nightfall. He barely moved, except for the occasional shivering. Kumajirou didn't leave his owner's side, he stayed awake the whole time as well. Russia sat there and watched the boy sleep, he had nothing else to do and he didn't want to do anything in the boy's house. Last time he simply used the bathroom at Austria's house and the piano freak expressed his anger. He didn't know how the Canadian would act, so he stayed still.

He tried making small talk with the bear, seeing if anything could get the bear to stop worrying. He tried, So what is your favorite color? It was the best he could come up with; Russia doesn't talk well with man-eating polar bears, especially when the ones he's seen ended up gnawing on his head. And this one, the Canadian's damn bear, bit Russia's arm, made him bleed, and Russia did not like him. Still, watching the bear whimper and cry made Russia, no not feel bad, but regretted the unhappy welcome he gave the bear, even if he growled.

Every hour or two, Russia would check Canada's temperature, replace the icepack with a colder one, and check his vitals again. Every time he touched Canada, even the slightest touch, made the boy flinch and move away from him; it made things difficult. But, Russia managed to do it anyway. Eventually, Russia ended up sinking in the chair and falling asleep.

His sleep was disturbed only a few minutes later by his phone ringing. He woke up and got the phone out of his pocket quickly, hoping it wouldn't wake Canada up. He answered his phone, "Who is this?" No hello, just who is this and what do you want?

"You murdered my little brother! ?" Oh. It was America.

"America?" Russia said, not the person he was expecting; he actually thought Belarus was calling.

"Damn you Russia! He was my little bro! I care-I mean- I needed him!"

"America. What are you talking about?" Russia said completely confused. Why would he think he killed Canada?

"You killed Canada didn't you! ?"

"Um. No."

"Your a-Wait what?"

"I didn't kill Canada. I am very sure he's alive." Russia said keeping his voice down. Canada finally started to move, tossing and turning a bit with Kumajirou watching.

"Then why isn't he picking up is phone huh! ?"

"Because he's sleeping."

"And how would you know that?" America asked interested. Дерьмо, now he would have to tell America what happened, which he was trying to avoid. Russia couldn't look weak da?

"Um. I just know."

"Is he permanently sleeping! ?"

"I said he's not dead. Be quiet." Russia didn't want to talk to anyone, especially America. His sickness was suppose to be a secret. It was a point of weakness no one would ever know about. So if he had to let it out because of this, well someone would get hurt.

"Then how do you know? Why are you at his house?"

"How did you know I was at his house?" Russia asked surprised a bit.

"Mattie called me." America said. Oh that little….

"America. Your brother is fine. He's sleeping. That's all you need to know da?"

"I'm coming over!"

"Oh no your not." Russia said. He did not want him here. Then he thought for a minute "America. Where does Canada live? What city?"