Chapter 25: gâteau

This story was influenced by "Giving In" by Artificial.

Chapter 25: gâteau

"You want me to help you... bake?" Russia questioned.

"Well you look kinda bored," and he was, "And I'm in the mood for cake so,"

"Are you a sugar addict or something? The pancakes, the syrup, candy, cake, you eat more sugar than America."

"Ok fine. I do take in a lot of sugar but that's just how I function eh?"

"You don't get hyper?"

"I get hyper if I don't have sugar."

"You're so strange." Russia said.

"Do you wanna help me bake or not?" Canada asked. Russia thought about it, he really didn't like cooking at all but the hopeful and happy face the Canadian was pushing him to say yes. Russia looked away from him and gave a nod. Canada smiled. "Yay~"

"I'm not very good at cooking Matvey."

"That's fine. You can't be that bad."

"I'm not like England."

"Then as far as I know, you're a great cook." Canada giggled a bit and Russia smiled. Canada made his way into the kitchen, Russia followed behind, and started getting out ingredients.

"Are you doing this from scratch?"

"Yup. I always do it that way."

"I will help you then..." Russia said. Canada washed his hands then Russia followed and did the same, Canada then got a white apron on, parts of it dirty with past cooking stains. Russia started to grab one of the ingredients when Canada grabbed him. "What?"

"Don't start yet." Canada said and then dug through one of the draws. Russia tried to look at what he was doing but he quickly picked something out and got behind the Russian. Canada managed to put the apron over Russia's head and tied the back.

"W-what are you doing?"

"I'm putting an apron on you. You don't want to get anything on your clothes," especially your scarf, "Do you?"

"No."

"Then you gotta wear it." Canada tied a bow with the loose strings and got the bowl ready. Russia looked down and touched the apron, this felt a bit embarrassing, but at least only Canada would see it. "Can you get eggs out please?"

"Da." Russia said and got the carton of eggs out of the fridge. He placed them with the rest of the ingredients. Canada was already mixing some ingredients in the bowl, he had almost finished making the batter. "You need eggs?"

"Three of 'em."

Well here, Russia was first going to say. Instead he took the eggs out and handed one to the Canadian. Canada cracked it into the bowl and got the next one from Russia. Canada then stopped and handed it back. "You do it."

"What?"

"Crack the egg into the bowl."

"I can't." Russia said.

"Oh come on. It's a basic cooking skill."

"I always get the shells in."

"Look just watch me okay." Canada hit the egg three times on the side of the bowl and then cracked it into the bowl without a single eggshell going in. "Now you try." Russia hesitated but grabbed the last egg. He hit it on the side of the bowl, only one hit cracked it though, and he managed to get it into the bowl. "See! It wasn't that bad."