Ch 11.

Luz sat in the middle of the field she was in, staring at the stars. It's been a few hours since everything has happened, and her mind has been running ever since. Fynn was asleep in her lap, his wing twitching against her warm belly every now and then. 

Taking a deep breath, the wolf tried to soothe her wild mind. That didn't seem to work as words replayed in her head like the Jabber Jays from the Hunger Games series she has recently read. 

"Then go back to doing it. Not like you cared about how we would feel! Or how I felt!"

Her palms closed into her fists, and she felt her nails dig into her palms. Luz envisioned the disgust from Amity's eyes. Or at least, what she thought was disgust and anger that was swarming in the golden pools of her friend's eyes.

The wolf could hear her heartbeat pounding in her ears and it made her feel sick. As gently as she could possibly do, she picked up Fynn and placed him on the soft grass. When she stared back up at the sky, she noticed it wasn't filled with stars.

No, instead the sky was filled with dark clouds. Then something wet and sticky flicked her on her forehead. Wiping at it, she noticed it was blood. Why would it rain blood of all things? 

The little flick soon turned into a downpour, and everything was littered with the sticky red substance that made her stomach churn. Her heightened senses made it worse. It smelled like decaying corpses. Luz blinked once, and suddenly she wasn't sitting in the Woods anymore.

Looking around, she noticed little houses. From the looks of it, they were deserted. She stood up, and decided that she needed to look around this strangely familiar place. Approaching one of the houses carefully, she pushed at the door. 

She blinked a couple of times, then squinted to look at the inside of the small home. 

"Looks like nobody's home..." Pushing the door a little further, the Wolf walked inside. Nothing seemed out of place. There was a couch in the middle of what seems to be a living room, pictures and makeshift toys made from sticks on the mantle. Luz walked into the Livingroom, looking all around to see if she knew what anything was, or who it could belong to.

The wolf noticed a wood block of some sort, with some words carved into it and her eyes widened. She knew this place, she knew it very well. Because at some point, she lived here. With her Mom and her closest of friends. 

"La familia es donde está tu corazón" ("Family is where your heart is")

The air in her lungs escaped from her body, and she stood frozen. Why was this still here? She was so sure everything had burned after that dreadful day. 

"Mi Amor, you are home early. What are you doing here?" That voice. The voice she had been yearning for ever since it disappeared. 

"M-Mamá? w-what.. I-I thought you died!" Luz ran up to her mom, and engulfed her in the tightest hug she could muster. Her mom patted her shoulder, chuckling.

"Me? Die? Eres divertido. I'm like the toughest one in the pack."

No, this couldn't be true. She had to be dreaming, maybe even hallucinating. But the Wolf couldn't deny that she missed this. Her mother's smile, her hugs and kisses. Her scent.. That through her off. Her mother didn't smell the same. Not like the Violets that her mom liked so much. She smelled.. she smelled of daisies? 

"¿Cuál es el problema, nena?" (What's the problem baby?) Luz shook her head. No this was definitely not real. Her mother disliked the flowers. She hated the scent, and she hated how they looked. 

"T-This isn't real." Everything shook violently, and she heard a voice in the distance.

Wake up. Luz, you have to wake up!