Stars & Wishes

"till then, on days when the sun is gone. we'll hang on. and we'll wish upon the moon." - someday; all-4-one

Draco Malfoy

He had intended to make her smile, it was the week before finals and she was stressing for her OWLs like he had never seen. "Meet me at the astronomy tower," He had thrown a note to her in Defense Against the Dark Arts class and she nodded in reply, hiding it before Professor Umbridge had the chance to take it. And then, when they arrived at the Astronomy tower, the clouds had taken over, and he cursed the sky when she got there. "Come on," She muttered, taking his hand, instantly calming him down, "I have a solution." And so she drug him, as upset as he was to the Great Hall under the cover of darkness. "Here." She mentioned, finally opening the doors before dragging one of the benches away from the table, laying down on it and patting the space opposite her, "Come on," She muttered, "We can watch the stars from here." It wasn't perfect, but it was entirely them and she loved it all the same. 

Cedric Diggory

"What do you think tomorrow will bring?" He asked, sitting outside in the courtyard of Hogwarts, watching the night sky with his best friend by his side, her head resting carefully on his shoulder. They were not dating, but they had grown up side by side and now she sat quietly with him, just watching the clear, crisp sky, "Hard to say," She responded, "Let's just enjoy tonight, I worry for your safety." And he clasped his hand to her's. She was cold and he was not, wrapped tightly in a scarf and cloak. She blushed, easily hiding it under the cover of darkness, "I'll be fine," He leaned closer to her this time and she thought...there was a moment. The door swung open behind her, finding her face to face with Professor McGonagall, "Your presence is requested." She spoke to the girl, and she nodded, "You best get some rest, Mr. Diggory. A busy day tomorrow." And the girl followed blindly, unsure of where she was going. 

Fred Weasley

He had come back for her graduation and they had stayed well into the night celebrating by the Black Lake, long after the rest of the family had left. She was leaving tomorrow, headed to live in a flat in Diagon Alley that her and Fred had picked out over Christmas break. "Look a shooting star," Fred pointed out, watching as it swung across the night sky, "Make a wish." She thought for a moment before snuggling in tighter against him ran a chill down her spine. There was something ominous about the change in weather, but for now, it was okay. "I wish..." She murmured against him, "I wish to never forget this moment." She paused again as her eyelids grew heavy. She didn't know when it had become morning, but she knew she was still wrapped up tightly in Fred's arms and she was content. It was morning and times were good. 

George Weasley

They had seen so many night skies. In Tanzania, in France, Australia, Morocco, nearly every place you could imagine. But the sky shined a little bit brighter their first night back at The Burrow. Fred now lived in Diagon Alley and Ginny had finished Hogwarts now, moved in with Harry. The Burrow, for what seemed like the first time in forever, was quiet. They sat outside in the garden, musing over the little moments of their yearlong journey, snacking on biscuits that Molly Weasley had made for them, "It feels good." She finally mentioned, looking at the night sky, watching as a million stars peered down at them. "What does, love?" He responded, watching her face contort into contentment, "It feels good to be home." And he held her hand in his, smiling as she looked between him and the Burrow. It was home and she was happy. 

Neville Longbottom

Neville had long-since grown comfortable with the Ravenclaw, finally getting up enough courage to invite her to his favorite nighttime spot, the astronomy tower. When she had finally arrived, he had set up a blanket and a fast-budding plant. "Sorry, I'm late," She mentioned, out of breath when she finally arrived, "Filch was on my tail and I had to sprint up the stairs." She chuckled when he nodded, understanding, "I have something to show you," He mentioned, "Close your eyes." She complied, letting him lead her by the hand to the edge of the tower, "Open them." He whispered quietly. The prettiest white and yellow flower awaited her, it's petals outstretched towards the moon, "It's a Starflower, it only blooms under moonlight." And she sat down next to him, watching it carefully, "It's beautiful." She murmured, "It is." Neville responded, but he wasn't looking at the flower, only the girl right in front of him. How lucky he was to be with her here. 

Oliver Wood

"Come on!" He yelled in hushed tones across the grass as she followed behind, clutching a broomstick to her, "I am coming!" She whisper-yelled back, feeling the familiar crunch of gravel at the Quidditch pitch, "Up in the air, hurry." And she mounted the broom, flying at speeds faster than she was really comfortable with. He was always breaking her comfort zones, soaring her to new heights, and she both loved and hated him for that. "Here," He finally spoke as they rose high enough that she could barely see the field below, "Look up," He murmered and the sky was clearer than she had ever seen it, the stars alight in ways she had never imagined, "The Milky Way," She gasped, enamored with the sight, "I told you, it's like nothing you've ever seen." And it wasn't. She was here with him, in a sky full of stars, and nothing else mattered but her and the Quidditch Keeper.