In Your Arms

author's note: i've been seeing a lot of y/n falling asleep in [insert fictional character here] in the common room. this is my take on it. also, it took me being sad to finally give oliver wood stans a happy drabble/headcanon. i'm sorry i haven't been nice to him, i feel like he probably hurt me in a past life. 

"oh simple thing, where have you gone. i'm getting old and i need something to rely on."  - somewhere only we know; cover by the macarons project.

Draco Malfoy

He would never admit that he liked the way his hair felt in his hands as he ran his slender digits through the thick hair, your eyes lulling shut. You were alone in his dorm, there was nothing but the rush of water as something large and unseen passed by the Slytherin dorm, nothing but the jet black water that signaled nighttime had fallen on Hogwarts castle. You had spent the entire day with the 6th year Malfoy, who hardly looked like he had gotten any sleep himself. It wasn't until he had stopped playing your hair that you finally looked up at him. He was leaned over you, blonde hair falling in front of his face, looking worn out and tired beyond belief, not nearly as put together as you had seen him in previous years, "Draco." You murmured, your hand reaching up to touch his face softly. He jolted out of his sleep, his one hand gripping your wrist tightly, defensively, "It's just me." You reminded him. But he didn't let go of your hand. He pressed a soft kiss to the inside of your wrist, a moment of tenderness between the two of you as he sighed emphatically, "I know. I'm just tired." He mentioned quietly and you nodded, "Let's sleep then." And he agreed. You were the safest place her had. 

Cedric Diggory

You rarely visited the Hufflepuff common room, but Cedric had invited you up to the dorms one Saturday afternoon when most of the school was out visiting Hogsmeade. He had drug you through the common room, finally settling in an oversized yellow faded chair, you comfortably fitting somewhere halfway between the crook of his arm and sitting across his lap, "When was the last time we spent the day like this?" He whispered against your forehead, kissing the tip of your nose as you suppressed a giggle, "I can't remember, but I've missed it. We're always so busy these days." You replied. It was the middle of winter and the fire was so inviting. You felt yourself doze off as he rubbed small circles into your back, whispering back and forth about the life you would have after you graduated. It wasn't until much later, when the sky had faded from warm afternoons rays to midnight blue that you realized you had both fallen asleep there. The students were long back by now, someone had even offered to put a throw blanket over you and you were still curled up in his arms, your head resting against his shoulder. It wasn't the comfiest place you had ever fallen asleep, but it was home. 

Fred Weasley

He had been gone for what felt like months lately, but then, you had made plans. At the very end of school when Umbridge had left and things felt somewhat back to normal. It wasn't until you had found yourself by the Black Lake that May afternoon that you truly felt the sting of Fred Weasley leaving. "You wouldn't be napping without me, would you, love?" His voice penetrated your thoughts and you sat up, watching as he neared you, broom in hand, "Your friends said I would find you out here, mind if I join you." A large smile broke out on your face and he lumbered towards you before dropping to the ground, leaning into your outstretched hands as you gripped the long sleeved tee shirt he was wearing, bringing him closer. Your head rested on his chest as he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, "I've missed you." You muttered to him as both of you closed your eyes, breathing in the fresh air of an early summer, relishing in the way the birds chirped above you and the way the water splashed languidly against the rocks. This was summer and this was Fred. There was no dark lord or an uncertain year ahead of you. It was normal. 

George Weasley

You had been studying all Sunday in the library before George came to your rescue, finally taking you and your copious amounts of books with him to the Gryffindor common room. It was already late in the evening as he finally held you in his arms, comforting you as you vented about another essay assignment due for you charms class. You head rested against his thigh as you played with each other's hands, entwining them and laughing when your fingers got stuck with each other. "Thank you," You finally admitted as his head rested against the back of the Gryffindor common room couch, "I would have been in the library if you hadn't rescued me." You chuckled and he nodded, already beginning to fall asleep. You don't know when you fell asleep but when you did wake up, there were only a few coals in the fire place and the entire common room was dark, "Georgie," You shook him awake, you neck stiff from sleeping in such an awkward position, "Let's go to bed." And you both tumbled up the stairs to his dormitory just as the sun began to peak through the common room windows. You wouldn't realize until you were late for your first class that you never even made it back to your common room.

Neville Longbottom

Neville had logged many hours sitting next to you in the Ravenclaw common room but never this late, "Just stay," You implored him, tugging at his hand, "You don't want Snape to be roaming the corridors at this late hour anyways." You pleaded with him and he finally gave in, settling on the large sectional in the center of the room. You had already brought the throw blanket down from your dormitory, large enough for the both of you as you curled up together side by side. There was maybe one or two people in the common room, but nobody batted an eye. "See, it's perfect." You whispered to him as you felt his arm snake around your waist, bringing you in closer, "You're quite brave to do that," You chuckled as your head rested against his chest, feeling his heart beat quicken, his breath rising and falling, synchronous with yours, "I love you." You finally whispered when you thought he was asleep, settling in against him, "I love you too." He whispered against your hair. It wasn't until the common room was abuzz with voices the next morning that you finally woke up, hand in hand, heading down for a late breakfast and a day spent enjoying each other's company. 

Oliver Wood

"You were brilliant out there." You smiled down at him from where you were resting, squarely on top of him, your arms folded, hands resting on his chest as he played with your hair absentmindedly, still wearing his tried and true Quidditch knit sweater, "I had a few good luck charms." He wrapped his arms across your back, hugging you to him, "Always a good luck charm, aren't you." He whispered as you stretched out your arms, in a quasi-hug on the Gryffindor common room couch. The party was still going on around you, and even though your house had lost, it made it worth it to see him happy. And you weren't exactly minding the spot you were in right now. "I could stay here forever," You remarked absentmindedly as you felt his heart beat slow, his breaths becoming heavier, "Mhmm," He murmured, his fingers tracing light patterns down your arms that made you shiver. The snow fell outside, the fire roared, and somewhere, deep within your heart, you knew that he was the only man that you wanted to spend forever in his arms. And for tonight, you did.