𝖢𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 1

Chaewon POV

I enter the bus closing my umbrella, wiping the cold rain drops off my hand and my forehead. I dart my eyes around the bus to see a vacant seat right next to the window. I sigh in relief because I am finally heading home to watch Netflix.

What do I do? Well. I am a florist. Its just a temporary job which I took up to not watch Netflix all day. I mean aren't we all the 'a season a day' person?

I sit down and take out my cellphone along with the earphones. I plug them in and look out the window. Raindrops are racing down the window. I smile remembering the times when I was younger. How I used to play in the rain with my best friend Naeun.

What happened to her? Well, she passed away due to lung cancer. Poor girl. She was the purest thing alive and needed to protect 24/7. I chuckle at the thought when I realise a tear streaming down my cheek.

I would wipe it but I am too engrossed in my feelings. Suddenly I feel someone sit next to me. I quickly wipe my tear and look at them.

A young boy, beautiful eyes, sharp nose and thin lips smiled at me. I smiled back at him as an expression of politeness. My eyes unknowingly ponder upon the rest of the bus and how many seats were vacant but he chose to sit next to me.

I felt appreciated.

You must have read in books about how the main character's parents have passed away or are not there. Hmm. Guess my life is cliché.

I look at the boy who sat next to me, wearing a gray hoodie as he took out his earphones to listen to music.

"Click a picture, it lasts longer" he said with a raspy voice.

I laughed as a blush crept up my cheeks.

"I couldn't resist." I reply, not knowing how I got the courage to flirt with a stranger.

We started minding our own business which was either looking out the window or staring at your phone. I chose to look out the window not knowing the boy with the grey hoodie did too.

His phone's screen suddenly lit up because received a notification from Twitter. I looked at the screen and to my surprise he was listening the same song as me. 'Heartbeat' by BTS. That song does really do things to you.

I smiled and showed him my Spotify. He smiled ear-to-ear too. That smile was, oh, so beautiful. Those eyes looked like they held the entire galaxy in them. Those hair looking like they were waiting to be stroked. It was as if the whole world stopped. Only him and I.

The bus came to a halt snapping both of us into reality. We both looked away as we felt our blood rush up to our cheeks. I noticed that it was my stop as one of my neighbours was getting off.

"I must go now" I said taking the earphones out as he did the same.

He made way for me to go out. I glanced at him once before I finally leaving. Thinking about how I would tell tales to my children about 'the guy in the grey hoodie'

"Can I have your contact number?" he asked hoping I would give it to him.

"Are you new here?" I asked ignoring his question to which he simply nodded.

"If the universe wants us to know each other then it will happen eventually. Don't put much effort" I said getting down. He smiled at my statement.

I got down when I realised I was not holding my umbrella. Guess the universe really wants us to be together. And my life is way too cliché.

author note : I just re read what I wrote, it may look a bit cringe, pls forgive me
author note 2: OKAY I GET IT YALL XJXJJXJXJXJXJXJX I WAS YOUNG AND CRINGE I WROTE THIS A YEAR AGO 💀💀