Chapter 12

I handed Becca the empty cup and stood at the edge of the pool. The whole team were in there, already hyped up and play fighting. 

I wriggled out of my playsuit, throwing it onto one of the sun loungers nearby, next to where Ryan was still fast asleep. When I turned back, the play fighting had stopped and instead the guys were all gawping at me. 

"I'm sorry, have you never seen a girl in a bikini before?" I demanded, sticking my foot in the pool and kicking water at them. 

Jake reached out and grabbed my foot, pulling me in, and I screamed as I hit the water with a splash. I resurfaced, spluttering, and smacked him on the arm. 

"Not cool!"

He just grinned at me. "We haven't got all day, we take PWF seriously you know."

"Attention please!" Brooke called from the side. "Gentlemen, and lady, pick your teams!"

I did a quick head count of players in the pool. 

"So there's an odd number of us, does that mean I can just spectate?!" I asked hopefully. 

Trent laughed and turned to me. "No way. We do rolling subs baby, everyone takes a turn."

I looked up at the girls on the side of the pool. They looked like they were thoroughly enjoying themselves at my expense. 

"You've got this Alex!" Kirsty yelled. 

"Don't forget to pick a partner." Becca called suggestively, a mischievous grin on her face. 

I shook my head and laughed. The players had split into two teams, and Adam gestured for me to join his. Jake was with us too, and Zack and Trent were on the other team. 

They quickly explained the rules to me; essentially they fought 2v2, and the people sat on the shoulders had to knock the other one off. They played 'King of the hill' style so winners stay on and losers swap with another pair, and it was the first team to win 3 fights in a row. 

I was of course the smallest on the team by far. There was no way I'd be able to put any of them on my shoulders which meant I'd have to do the fighting. 

I sighed, "I'm going to suck at this."

Adam and Jake smirked at me, "Don't worry, we've got a plan."

Their plan was to play dirty, and they had a whole arsenal of tricks up their sleeves. 

"First pairs, take your positions!" Brooke announced from poolside. 

The players made their way to the centre of the pool as the rest of us moved to the sides. Jake was on Adam's shoulders, and Zack was on Scott's. 

"3, 2, 1, fight!" The growing crowd beside the pool chanted, and the battle began. 

It was ridiculous to watch - Adam and Scott on the bottom couldn't use their arms because they had to keep balanced, so they just watched on helplessly as Jake and Zack grabbed each others arms and tried to push each other over. 

The pairing was closely matched, and I watched the two of them try hard to beat the other. 

I overheard Becca on the sideline loudly declaring, "Now THAT is a sandwich I'd like to be in the middle of." 

"Becca!" I shrieked with laughter, "You're awful!"

She grinned, "What? You can't say I'm wrong."

I looked at the pair again, and had to admit, Becca had a point. They were both stupidly attractive - Jake had that sun kissed, greek god kind of vibe, whereas Zack was dark and brooding. And of course both had chiseled athlete physiques.