6: Second Trial (continued)

Edgeworth could clearly see that Phoenix was struggling to come up with an answer to Ayano's questions. In the back of his mind he wished that there was something he could do to help. 

"But, Phoenix won't want my help." Edgeworth thought to himself.

"What are you thinking about, Mia?" Phoenix asked her.

"Aishi...I heard that name before. Grossberg told me about this case from thirty years ago about a girl with that same last name. She even went to the same school. That Aishi was on trial for the murder of several girls, and despite everything, she was found not guilty. The trial was such a big scandal that it nearly drove the school's reputation into the ground. Most people thought the girl was guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, and were outraged when she got the not guilty verdict. I firmly believe that the girl in this courtroom is the daughter of the girl from thirty years ago." Mia replied.

"Where are you going with this, Mia?" Phoenix asked confused.

"Many theorized that the reason the girl murdered all those other girls was because she was extremely obsessed with this boy, and she viewed those girls as obstacles that she had to get rid of. I have a feeling that history may be repeating itself." Mia explained.

Phoenix presents this theory to the court.

"I'm not going to lie, part of what you're saying is true. My mother was unfortunately tried for those murders, but she was innocent. And if she wasn't that still has nothing to do with me or this murder." Ayano said.

"I think it does. Just like your mother did years ago, you have developed a deeply unhealthy obsession with a boy from your school. You viewed the defendant as someone who was in the way of this boy and so you killed the victim and framed the defendant. Just so you could be free to pursue this boy." Phoenix explained.

"OBJECTION!" Franziska called out cracking her whip at Phoenix.

"While this is a valid theory, you're still lacking one thing...evidence. Without evidence you have nothing!" she told Phoenix.

"Objection sustained. Mr. Wright please provide physical evidence or else I'll have no choice but to rule in favor of the prosecution." the judge told him.

The defense team was now very desperate. If they don't think of something now, Osana is going to prison and a killer will walk free. 

"Come on, Phoenix, pull something out of your a** like you always do." Edgeworth muttered to himself.

Suddenly, a text came to Maya's phone from a number she didn't recognize.

Unknown Number: Hello, call me Info-Chan, I have some information you will need to prove Osana's innocence.

A screenshot of a conversation is sent. The conversation is between someone and Ayano. In the conversation, Ayano expresses how "deeply in love" she is with Taro and that Osana must be "dealt with". But what really makes Maya's blood run cold was what Ayano said about Taro; right there in exact words were..."He will be mine...he doesn't have a choice.".

"Mr. Wright, your evidence?" the judge requested.

"Uhhh, ummm...." Phoenix replied nervously, not knowing what to say.

"HOLD IT!" Maya shouted.

"I have some incriminating evidence from an anonymous source!" she said, waving her phone in the air.

They hook up Maya's phone to the screen and everyone saw what was sent by the anonymous person known as Info-Chan. That's when Ayano's true colors start to show. She was shaking with rage, her nails digging into the stand.

"Info-Chan, you backstabbing B**CH! You said if I did as you suggested I would get what I want!" Ayano screamed in anger.

Everyone in the courtroom was shocked and too afraid to even make a sound. A quiet and reserved girl had instantly turned into an enraged, unhinged psychopath. Phoenix walks up to the stand and stares Ayano down.

"So everything I've been saying is true after all. You have confused obsession for love and in doing so have become desperate to cling to that obsession. You came up with a plan to get rid of your rival by framing her for murder." Phoenix said.

"SHE COULD NEVER LOVE HIM LIKE I DO! NO ONE CAN! HE'S MINE! MINE, MINE MINE!" Ayano shouted, quickly losing more and more of her sanity.

Ayano's behavior had everyone on edge, the girl was clearly unstable, and many were thinking that it was a very bad idea for the defense attorney to be standing so close to her. Mia was glad Pearl was channeling her right now, this whole situation would have scared the poor child to death. Even Franziska was silent, not having a clue what to do or say; but it was obvious to her that the trial was coming to a close soon, and that Phoenix Wright had bested her once again.

"I hate to break it to you, Miss Aishi, but I don't think you'll be winning anyone's affection where you're going, let alone Taro's." Phoenix told her.

"D*mn you, d*mn you to h*ll you b*stard lawyer. Because of you...Taro will never love me." Ayano growled, staring down at her feet.

"No...he'll never return your affections because you are a murderous monster." Phoenix replied, stepping closer to the stand.

Out of nowhere, Ayano began to giggle; and as time passed her giggle turned into crazed, maniacal laughter. She lifts her head, smiling widely at the defense attorney. 

"You think I'm a monster....okay....I'll show you just how much of a monster I can be." Ayano laughed.

A dark dread fills the room, everyone could feel it. The psychotic girl continues to smile menacingly at the man in front of her, but her eyes were filled with nothing but murderous intent. She also continued her eerie laughter as she pulled out something she had hidden god knows where. That object was a very large knife, similar to that of the knife used to kill Kokona.

"Don't you know that those who get in my way...end up DEAD!" Ayano said gripping her knife tightly in her hand.

Phoenix now regrets standing where he is standing. He was too afraid to move, only one thought is running through his mind...."I am a dead man".