Chapter 12

Classic POV

"Hello, Betty, nice to meet you again, " Katheren said emotionlessly after we went into the portal.

I flinched away from Katheren after she said Betty's name.

"B-Betty's here?" I said, shaking with fear. 

I stood right next to Nightmare, who "proudly" held me tightly to him for some reason, while everyone else was looking at Betty.

"Yes, I knew that this AU wouldn't be the safest, but I had to take the chance. Besides, she owes me a solid," Katheren said to Betty while looking at her very seriously. 

Betty sighs nervously and said, "Alright then, I won't attack your little group here, and I'll behave on my best behavior."

Katheren "smiles," and Kathy was very confused.

"How do you know each other?" She asks Katheren.

"It's another story to tell you later, alright?" I heard Katheren said to Kathy.

Kathy shrugged and said, "Alright then. I'll figure something out and make sure that all of the other Sanses will pay for what they did to you, okay?"

"Even if you're using your threatening voice, it's not as convincing as before Kathy," Katheren said with a Frisk face.

"Damn it-"

"Watch that language! At least, that's the only cuss word you know of," I said, making an "I'm not proud of you" face.

Kathy sighs and said, "Okay then, dad. I'm going to head back. Take care of them for me, Katheren!"

Then, Kathy just straight up left all of us.

Betty didn't like the part when she left, but Katheren gave her a glare that made her shut up.

"Alright then, let's head for shelter until things can clear up. And, please don't let anyone discover you or kill them. I don't want to clean up the mess and explain to Kathy," Katheren said.

I nodded, and we all went with Betty to her hiding spot.

It was an old abandoned house, from what I'm seeing three hundred years ago, and it wasn't as dirty as it looked like outside.

"So, Betty wanna talk about what happened that led us right here?" Katheren said to Betty.

Betty shrugged and then left with Katheren.

I stayed behind while everyone else was trying to settle down easily and not get into too much trouble.

It was still unusual that Katheren knew Betty, but hey, life is one crazy adventure...

Katheren POV

Once I made sure that Classic wasn't near me, I decided to talk to Betty about something.

"So, how have you been?" I asked once we were far away from the gang.

"Everything's been fine. Just not in the hopes of whatever we've, by that I mean me and my pet, been through. Besides, I'm just playing my part, nothing more. How's that shitty AU of yours?"

"No cussing and I've been through worse. Kathy's already pissed that the other AUs are trying to control Classic. Not from what I've done in the past but still. We need to keep him safe or otherwise, they'll affect him with that virus," I said, seeing her face drop.

"No one can get through here as long as that I'm in control. Only you and/or Kathy can come here freely."

"Still, I feel uneasy with this and let you help us. If anything, I'll never forgive myself if you are injured or worse-"

"Don't worry about it, K. I'll be fine. Technically, I can't die yet, and so, I'll keep doing my thing until you guys leave. And no matter what, don't stress out. Akumu and I don't like seeing you all stress up, so you're going to be fine."

"I hope so..." I mutter.

Please don't let them find us...