Twitch X Montage

Genre-Fluff

Warnings-None

Rating- E

(I'm sorry if your name is Emily, feel free to message me and I can change it, I know sometimes it's not as enjoyable to read if your name is the same as the antagonist)

Giles(Montange) Emanuelle(Twitch)

(This was requested, not my original idea)

Giles perched on the edge of the couch cushion. He had come home from a long day of training at the base, only to walk in and hear what he thought was his imagination. Because there is no way in hell that his wife of five years was in the middle of fucking some other guy in their bed.

But she was. And now, Giles didn't know what to do.

He knew their marriage wasn't perfect, but it's not like they were on the brink of divorce or anything.

Giles felt tears slowly start to cloud his vision. "Five years! Does that mean nothing to her?" He asks himself, choking out half the words as hot tears now streamed down his now rosy cheeks. Grabbing his keys, Giles quickly left the house, making sure to slam the door, and made his way to his best friend's house, Emanuelle. She was Giles's best friend and fellow operator, and perhaps a bit of a forbidden crush.

Pulling into the driveway of a suburban home, Giles got out of his car and walked the short distance to the large front door. Knocking with shaking hands, Giles took a deep breath, preparing himself mentally for the explanation he'll have to give to Emanuelle.

Giles shifts from foot to foot in anticipation when he hears footsteps growing closer to the front door but immediately calms once the door opens and he sees Emanuelle's angelic face.

"Giles? What are you doing here?" She asks in a curious voice while ushering him into the house. Giles takes a moment to compose himself before finally speaking. "Emily, she uh" Giles struggles to keep his composure, but he knows if he breaks down now, he won't be able to compose himself again. Taking another deep breath, Giles brushes away the tears that are beginning to brim in his eyes before continuing. "Emily cheated on me tonight, and I didn't know where else to go," Giles sighs, "I'm so sorry for bothering you."

Emanuelle stares silently at Giles's face as it contorts into that of an emotionally pained one. Tears now flow freely down his cheeks. She slowly walks towards Giles and puts her arm around him, guiding him toward her couch.

"Giles," She says in a soft tone, "you don't have to explain further if you don't want to, but," Emanuelle shifts her arm so that she's hugging him in a semi-awkward hug.

Giles sniffles and leans his head on Emanuelle's shoulder. "Non, you deserve a better explanation."

Giles shifts so that he's now facing Emanuelle before taking a deep breath through his nose. "I came home from training at the base when I heard what I thought was my imagination," Giles pauses to wipe away the fresh tears in his eyes before continuing. "but when I got closer the sounds got louder and," He lets out a shuddered sigh, "I walked in and Emily was there, with her co-worker." Emanuelle could only give him a sad smile as she hugged him closer.

"Y'know, this might not be the best time to say this, but I never really liked her. She didn't value your time or love." She said truthfully. Giles dries his eyes and brings Emanuelle a bit closer to himself. "I think it's safe to say that our marriage is over," Giles says in a deflated tone.

She flashes a pity smile at him. "You can stay here for a while, ami." Her heart aches at the friendly term, hoping that one day they'll be so much more. "Thank you, really, but I can't," Giles says with a distant look in his eyes. Emanuelle gives her the Frenchman a confused look. "Why not?" Giles lets his shoulders got slack and turns his gaze towards the floor. "I like you in more than just a friend kind of way. I have for a while, but I was married." He says in a relieved voice. Emanuelle was taken aback, but despite the shock, she had a feeling of butterflies in her stomach.

"I should go," Giles says while standing up. Emanuelle's hand rockets towards him, grabbing his hand and giving it a light tug.

Giles looks back at her with a surprised look, Emanuelle's wide eyes starring back at him. "Don't go, please." She says in a weak voice. Giles turns his body back toward her and sits back down, still holding her hand. Emanuelle gulps before speaking, her throat suddenly as dry as the Sahara. "I like you too," she eventually says, her eyes search his face wildly for emotions.

Giles suddenly breaks into a wide, goofy smile with Emanuelle following shortly.

Grabbing her, Giles gives a tight bear hug, pulling back to stare lovingly into her eyes. They stay in that position, simply taking in each other's features.

Emanuelle breaks the silence, asking the burning question, "Does-does this make us a couple?" Giles smiles even wider before responding, "Absolutely!" He beams, leaning in for a loving kiss that Emanuelle gladly returns.

I'm really sorry that  this is kinda bad, I've never really written a character x character before, but it was a lot of fun to write and I look forward to writing more!
Feedback is much appreciated!