Chapter 53

Daunte POV

Oh and was I right. It's been a week since Keyona decided to give me another chance and right this second, her father is glaring daggers at me, while stabbing his knife through his steak. Man was I scared of what he might do with that knife. He already punched me in my jaw a few time, the moment his eyes landed on me. It took everything in me to not punch him back, you know, first impressions and all. Don't want to me the guy who punch his girlfriends father in the face, the first time meeting.

Keyona mother though, was the sweetest lady ever. She hugged me and of course whispered 'If you hurt my daughter again, I will release mama bear.' Before she patted my back and pulled away. Otherwise, she was sweet and reminded me so much of Keyona. Her charcoal hair and beautiful curls. I think I liked her even more when she snatched Keyonas father, Kai, by the ear and told him to behave before she beats him. He quick automatically physically but I'm sure he was coming up with 100 different ways to kill me.

It was just Keyona, her parents and I. I took them to an Italian restraint that I owned. We ordered a bottle of expensive wine and food. Her mother started asking me questions about my family.

"I heard about your father, I'm really sorry about that. I'm sure your happy that he is back though." She said and I nodded, "Yeah, I am. When my father disappeared, it was just my uncle, raising my brother and me along with my cousin Leo."

"Leo? As in Novas boyfriend?" Her mother asked and I nodded. She smiled at me, "Ohhh! He is such a nice young man! He makes my niece so happy and that makes me happy." I smiled and nodded, "Yeah, he truly loves her." It was the truth too. The way Leo acted with Nova, is nothing like he acted with any other girl he dated or just banged. He never bring them around or let them know his life with me. But Nova, that girl had my cousin wrapped around her fingers and I'm not even sure she knows it.

"What about you?" I looked up and seen her dad staring at me. "What?" I asked and he glared, "What about you? Do you love my daughter?" He asked and I looked at Keyona, who looked nervous, and I grabbed her hand in mine, give it a little squeeze before I looked at her father, "I do, more than anything." I made sure I was looking him in the eyes. I wanted to make sure he seen no hesitation or lie in my eyes. I wanted him to know that what I said was the god honest true. Because it was, I love Keyona with everything in me. She is going to be my wife and then going to be the mother of to my other kids. Even though Bella isn't here, she will always still count.

It may sound a little weird to people how they don't believe when you have a miscarriage, it doesn't count. But it's so much more different when you know the gender to that baby. When you know that baby had arms and legs growing. It's serious and they count.

"Look Daunte..." he said as he wiped his mouth with his napkin before putting it on the table in front of him, next to his plate. "I know the life you lived, I know that dangers that come with it. I know the enemy's that will always be there. I lived that life and it's not a life I want for my daughter." He said. Keyona and I were going to interject but he raised his hand to stop us, "I don't want that for my daughter. She is my only daughter, my baby, my princess. She means everything to me and her happiness means the world to me. Keyona is at the age where she can make her own decisions. She can make her own mistakes." He looked at his daughter, "I know I was angry with you the next day after your mother told me everything. I know I said some mean things to you, and I judged you when I had no right too, but you have to understand stand Princess, your my everything, my one and only baby girl. I don't want to lose you." He said sadly and I felt the pain in his voice. He thought he would lose his daughter.

Keyona let go of my hand and stood up to walk towards her father and hugged him, "You will never lose me, papa." She pulled back and looked at him, "and I will always be your little girl, but I'm also a grown woman. I love Daunte." She said as she looked at me and smiled, "He made mistakes, we all have, but if he is who I choose to be with, you have to support it. You two are more alike than you think." She said, her father and I both glared at her, "No where not!" We said in unison. Aviana and Keyona both laughed at us and Kai and I glared at each other before his face softened looking at his daughter.