Partners: The Farewell

"Nightmare"

"Dream"

"Cross" 

"Horror"

~Meanwhile~

Nightmare closed the portal and just laughs to himself. Horror coming into the library with a very confused worried face.

"Um Nigh-  I mean Boss, are you're sure this is a good idea...?"

Nightmare just walked pass Horror.

"They'll be fine. If they don't want to be lost forever, they will work together. And hey. It's for the best, Horror. You can go back home, do you want me to drop you off?"

"Hmm, I was thinking to go back, I just wanted to cook something first, so I can you know."

"I can help, I have all day off and now since I don't have goop all over me it won't keep dripping. I can guess you are not the best cook."

"Won't you look at little smartass Nightmare. But yes I would love the help."

"K. Give a few minutes. I need to make a few phone calls. You go to the kitchen and prepare the stuff and we can get started."

"You don't have to tell me again."

I sent Horror down to the kitchen and I bring out my phone. I called Dream first of all.

It kept ringing. God damnit what the hell is he doing? Fucking someone? Jesus. Finally he picks up.

"Nightmare!!! Did something happen?! It's rare of you to call me."

"Nothing happened. I just wanted to tell you if you see Dust and Killer while checking on the AU's today, and they beg for your help just run away and whatever happens DO NOT HELP THEM."

"Ok brother, but may I ask why exactly?"

"I'm trying to make their relationship stronger before I die, it's for the best. And please tell Ink, and that Swap Sans on the way too. If you know anyone else that can hop universes, if you can, once again please tell them to not help them"

"OMG BROTHER, that is very sweet of you. And yes I will tell everyone I know. Oh how I missed you Nightmare... OK then I'm going to hang up now!!! Bye Brother."

So Dream never seen the evil me as his brother huh. That was kind of sad. But I guess he didn't mean it in that kind of way. I go to my blocked contacts, and with a heavy heart, I unblocked him. I pressed call and it started to ring.

"Hello...??? Nightmare???"

"Yes. It's me Nightmare."

"Ummmm hey..... I wasn't expecting you to call me again.... you are kind of the last person I expect to get a call from."

"I suppose you can say it that way, Cross"

"But did anything happen?"

"I wanted to say that if you see Dust and Killer crying and begging, where ever you live, just don't help them."

"Um sure I guess."

"AND CROSS!"

"Yes??????"

"Um...um... can you please come by in a few hours? Dust and Killer is out on a mission and I'm about to help Horror cook something and drop him off back to his home. So maybe... I just wanted to talk with you."

There was a horrible long pause, just silence.

"Look, if you don't want to I understand."

"NO NO!!!! That just kind of caught me off guard!!! And YES!!! I will be there. Just um... Text me when you want me to be there and no worries to open a portal for me! I can get there myself! OK NOW... IM GOING SEE YOU!!!!!!"

He just screamed into my skeleton ears and hung up. I just couldn't help but giggle a bit. Oh I wish I could see how flustered he was. I giggled to myself a bit more while making my way down to the kitchen. I saw Horror that he prepared all the ingredients and has chopped all the veggies and meat, and even some cookie dough. 

"So what are we making?"

"I was thinking to make Angel Hair pasta with some alfredo sauce and maybe some choco chip cookies. Paps loves pasta more than anything."

"What are we waiting for? Let's start."

.

.

.

.

.

"And we are all done."

Me and Horror packed all the food in containers and Horror was all ready to go back home for a while. I gave him one of the teleportation glasses and I smashed one to open a portal to Horrortale. 

"Ok, Horror. Enjoy your break, you deserve it, you haven't visited your brother in a few months hmm? And take your time Horror."

"Boss... are you okay?"

"Horror, what I am saying is that... you can just stay home, and well...never come back here. But if you do, you have that glass ball to come back whenever."

"I-...... why Boss?"

"Sans...I am dying. And you have a home to go unlike the other two, and there's your brother. I'm just giving you a choice. And you are a Sans. I know that whatever you choose, there is a good reason."

We stood there in front of the portal, but there was Horrors brother waving at me as we know each other, because back then when I was making the deal, I met him formally and explained the whole thing. How Horror took my deal only to provide his brother unlimited food and money.

"Well... I'll think about it... Boss. Goodbye."

"Oh I wish to be a good brother like you Sans. Farewell."

As the Horror walks in and as the portal closes slowly I can see  Horror turning around screaming something at me.

"NIGHTMARE!!! YOU ARE A GOOD PERSON AND A GOOD BROTHER!!! PLEASE GET IT IN YOUR THICK SKULL!!!"

And the portal is fully closed without any traces. That could've been our last goodbye. Maybe or maybe not. I hope he comes back, but I know that it would be best that he stayed there until everything is over. Maybe when Error is the new Boss he can come back for

Waddling my way back to the kitchen and cleaning it up before it starts to reek. I saw that there was some left over cookies, so I put them on a plate and poured two glasses of milk. After I was all done cleaning which really wasn't much, I texted Cross to come over whenever he was ready. 

I grabbed the plate and balanced the two cups filled with milk on the plate as well, and took it to the living room and settling the plate on the coffee table as I just sat down on the coach. I started counting...

5...

4...

3...

2...

1...

"Hey Nightmare, I tried to come as soon as possible." Cross looking exhausted. 

"Why hello, Crossy..."

--------------------------------------------

For those who are confused why this chapter has the Partners title it's because Horror was the very first recruit (well in Nightmares newest team) and Nightmare considers Horror as his right hand man even tho he is one of the weakest one in the team by LV stats. But they are indeed partners and this was maybe their last goodbye.