Coffee and Numbers

Involves hating a job
And a lot of Pov changes :/

NickPov

Holy shit...
She was...woah.
To be honest I'm horrible when it comes to talking to girls, they make me nervous especially beautiful ones, but my confidence overcame me it helped I guess she seemed starstruck if I'm being honest.

It was whatever..I'll probably never see her again anyways (hehe sureeee Nick 😉)
I head home to both of my roommates George and Clay (YALL KNOW I WASNT FORGETTING OUR BOYS!)
As I walk in I see them watching a tv show on the couch, I plop in a seat next to them and rest my head in my hands still thinking about the girl. They notice and they both look at me with curious intent, they knew me too well to know something was up.

"I saw a girl and...
"oOh Nicks gotta girlfriend!" Clay yells loudly. I shake my head as George flicks his forehead.
"Go on Nick?" George was always the more mature one, being the oldest out of all of us.
"She was really pretty, we kinda just ran into each other and she kept apologizing but I told her it was fine. She had H/C hair and E/C eyes, she was wearing an oversized hoodie that looked really cute on her, and I noticed she had a bandage wrapped around her arm."
They both look at me and then at each other.
"What?" I say questioning them.
  "You haven't talked about anyone in that way since... George stops mid sentence, we all knew what he was gonna say.
"Yea I know, but I don't know this girl seemed...different I guess you would say."
I look down at my hands, playing with them I always did it when I didn't know what to do, I see George and Clay come over to me and I get pulled into a hug.
"Hey dude how about we go for breakfast in the morning?" Clay was always a little asshole but we knew he cared, he could switch up to being a big softie really quick.
I nod my head and we all smile at each other (oOh I want them to fuck now but that's for a different type of book🤭).
"Wheres Chip at?"
"Oh we don't know he was just vibing around outside ya know?" Clay answers and I just nod my head, he would get home anyways.

  I decide to go ahead and crash, I crawl I go my bed, tossing my shirt in the corner of the room somewhere and cuddling up with a stuffed bear I've had since I was little. I know I'm a grown man and I sleep with a giant stuffed bear..whatever.
I feel myself drift too sleep still thinking about the pretty girl.

Y/NPov
The Next Morning

I wake up to the sound of scratching at my window, at first I look at the time 8:30 I had to get to work anyways, I open my curtains and see the black and white cat from last night.
  I open the window a bit to let my hand out and it rubbed against it, maybe he's hungry?
   The cat had an owner, it's fur was clean and soft, so I just decided to let him inside, I go to my kitchen him following behind and I give him some canned tuna, since it was all I had.
He happily eats it up as I give him a bowl of water, I head to my room leaving the door open for the cat and get dressed for work, I put on some khakis and a black shirt, with some (choose shoe) we kinda had a uniform it was whatever though, the cute cafe aprons covered it all.
  I tied my hair up in a ponytail, grabbing my purse and phone, the cat comes in my room and I gesture towards the window. He goes up to it and stand on the sill looking back at me.
  "I gotta go buddy, I have work I'll see you later though?" Look at me talking to a cat like it could understand me.
"Okay." It opened its mouth.
  I shake my head, did this cat just talk to me?
  "What the?" I look at the cat and it's eyes widen at me.
  "Um..meow."
  I laugh and give it a quick pet before it jumps out the window and climbs down to the ground. Going to my car I see him sunbathing outside asleep on the sidewalk, I make my way to work there wasn't much traffic so it was pretty easy getting there.

I go inside keeping my phone in my pocket and sit behind the counter, helping the few customers that come in with orders and stuff like that. The next people that come through the door surprise me.

NicksPov

Me,George and Clay head to a little coffee shop, I had not gotten much sleep last night, but I still wanted to go with them.
We open the door and the girl at the counter surprises me, the girl from last night my eyes widen and I quickly look away, we go to a table in the corner of the small cafe and Clay and George look at her then at me.
"Holy shit that's her!" Clay says scream whispering to me.
"Aw she's so pretty Nick." George gives me a smirk and I feel my face heat up and they start laughing at me.
She comes over to us and I see her name tag Y/N..pretty name.
  "Hi, what can I get you guys on this wonderful morning?"
We all order and I wondered if she noticed me, she did when she wrote down my order she was blushing a light shade of pink, like how she did last night, I can really see how pretty she is now that there's actual light.

She leaves and goes to the back and I cover my face with my hands and Clay and George kept messing with me.
"Dude give her your number." Clay says to me quietly.
  "Your fucking crazy!" I scream whisper, to him and George hands me a napkin and a pen.
They look at me waiting for me to write something down, I sigh and give them dirty looks.
"Your gonna thank us later." They whisper to me as she comes over with our plates on her arms and in her hands.
I put the napkin in my pocket and decide I'll give it to her before we leave.

*20 minutes later*
We finish eating, we still had a lot of food left over so I decide to grow some balls, and go ask her for to-go plates and give her my number.
"That's my boy!" Clay screams loudly causing looks to come from the few people in the restaurant and I see Y/N giggle a bit. God she was cute...okay Nick you got this!
I get up and go over to the counter where I see the pretty girl writing on a paper. She looks up when she sees me and puts the pencil down.
"Um, Hi can I get some to go boxes please." I say slipping the napkin with my name and number in it over to her. She blushes and gives me a small smile grabbing the napkin and putting it in her pocket while grabbing 3 to-go plates.

"Here you go." She hands them to me and as I grab them I accidentally brush her hand with me causing both of our faces to heat up.
"Thank you." I give her a smirk trying to seem some what confident and I walk back to the table to George and Clay.
  "That's our boy." George says patting my head, causing me and Clay to giggle a bit.

As we're putting our food in the plates my phone buzzes and I look at it, from an unknown number and I look at Y/N seeing her quickly look away from me.

Unknown: Hi there Street Boy🙃

Hi there pretty girl 🙂

I look up at her she stared at her phone eyes open and puts her head into her hands covering her face.
I smile at her knowing she can't see.

1387 words wEeWoO
I love this so much tbh
😍