chapter 31

This chapter contains some x-rated stuff so if that's not your thing then feel free to skip to chapter 32.

*******************************************

The next day I was sitting in English class, trying to focus on Miss Wells as she droned on about the symbolism of Big Brother in 1984.

It had been a very long and boring lesson, even Naila and Amelia had given up trying to concentrate as they passed notes behind the teachers back.

It was one of those lazy mornings where no one could seem to summon the motivation to focus on anything. My eyes drifted to the windows where the rain was pouring down outside. It had been raining all night long, there'd even been some thunder and hail, a strange occurrence considering spring was almost here, even by England's standards.

I clicked my pen and began doodling on my page, getting lost in drawing a forest across my notes.

BZZZ BZZZ

My phone vibrated in my lap and I quickly picked it up whilst the teacher faced the board, relieved to have some distraction from the dull morning.

K: You look good in that skirt...

I glanced back over my shoulder to meet his smirking face and rolled my eyes, facing the front again.

V: I wear this everyday incase you haven't noticed

K: Oh believe me, I have, it'd be hard not to notice when you look like that

I felt a blush creep into my cheeks from his bold compliment. He wasn't usually so brazen earlier in the day.

V: You're such a pervert today, now go away, I need to focus on the lesson

K: You haven't been paying attention for the last 10 minutes

I smiled to myself, he was more observant than I'd given him credit for.

V: Then I should probably pay attention for the last two right?

K: I have some better ideas... want to skip lunch?

My heart jumped at the implication in his text, excitement running through me. There was suddenly nothing I wanted more than to skip lunch and spend if holed up with Kingsley.

V: Are you saying what I think you're saying?

K: Absolutely.

I smiled down at my phone just as the bell rang and quickly began packing up my stuff. Kingsley appeared next to me in an instant, smirking as he saw me rushing.

Much to my frustration, Amelia and Naila reached my desk before I could run out the door.

"You guys ready for lunch?" Amelia glanced between me and my bodyguard.

"Erm... no we are going to skip it actually. I'll eat in my room." I tried to keep my tone blasé but I could tell they didn't buy it.

Naila gave me a knowing smirk and began pushing Amelia out of the door, "you two have fun." She winked at me as they disappeared.

I blushed again, knowing that I was in for an inquisition when I saw them next. Kingsley took my bag from me as we exited the classroom and headed back to my dorm.

The walk there seemed extra long today and occasionally my hand would twitch towards his, desperately wanting to hold it. But I kept reminding myself we couldn't get caught and kept it firmly by my side, trying to remain patient.