The burns and the bees

Zak couldn't help but smile as he picked out his food, he felt like to others he looked insane but he didn't care, he loved the feeling of finally being able to have a real conversation with someone.

"I kinda want to go over again and talks some more,, maybe I'll bring some bread to share this time?" He thought about it but started to deny the thought and put the bread down.

"No.. what if he's allergic to something in the bread? I wouldn't want him to possibly die- so I shouldn't bring it."

Zak kept walking in the store and came across some candies. "Maybe I should bring some candies..?" He grabbed a bag and filled it half way with peanut MnM's.
"I think that's enough, I hope he likes them." Zak then tied up the bag and went on getting groceries.

"The store will be closing in five minutes please come to the check out isle and get your items scanned"

"Hm, I should get a fruit or something.. meh I'll just get an apple." He threw three apples into his cart and went on his way to the checkout isle. As the man was scanning his items, Zak was listening intensely at the beeps. Those specific beeps reminded him of when the world wasn't cruel and he was just out shopping with his mom.
He was never really close with his family, they all just went and did their own thing. They'd mostly pay attention to him if he'd done something bad. He's always tried extremely hard to please them but it was never enough. Nothing was ever enough for them, which was probably one of the causes of their big fight. "I miss them."

"Um.. sir?"

"Ah-! Yes?"

"That'll be 14.50"
Zak nodded and gave the man the amount needed.

"I really need to stop spacing out and getting sad." He said to himself while changing into some sweatpants. Zak walked into the kitchen and got out some chicken nuggets from his bag "ah- I must've been stuck in the nostalgia trip that I got dinosaur chicken nuggs-" He chuckled.

Zak stared at the nuggets in the oven and thought intensely at what he was going to say to Darryl "Ah hey- umm no that's not right.. hey! I was wondering if we could hang out? No.. that's not good either. Hey what's up-" his oven beeped, indicating that the nuggets were done cooking. Zak opened the oven and touched the hot tray, forgetting to put on the oven mitts that were sitting on the counter. "GAAAH HOT!" He stumbled back, the nuggets falling with him and landed on the floor. "No no- ugh.." Zak banged his head on the wall he was sitting on. "Idiot. I'm so dumb oh my God."

"BE QUIET OVER THERE! SOME OF US HAVE LIVES!" A cranky old man shouted.

"S-Sorry sir!" Zak yelled back. "Dammit, well I guess I have to clean this now." He placed his burned fingers on the cold tiled floor and winced. 'I should probably put some aloe vera on this later' he thought to himself. He got up only using his legs but still succeeded. He began picking up the chicken nuggets and threw the poor dinosaurs in the trash. He then grabbed the metal baking sheet and put it in the sink. "I'm too tired to deal with anymore of the universe's problems." He tucked himself into the covers "Fuck you." And with that he was fast asleep.

Darryl was calmly watering his plants while humming a small tune. "The sunlight dances beyond the yard~" He then heard the bell of the front door go off and turned around.
"Hey Bad!" Toby said happily, while tying his work apron.
"Hey shh- You don't use that nickname in public Toby-"

"Oops sorry Darryl-"

"It's fine, just don't let it happen again okay?" Darryl smiled and went back to caring for his plants. "The plants look happy today, and the bees do too!" Toby smiled at the bee landing on his nose. He was extremely fond of these fuzzy little pollinators for some odd reason, it was probably what made him want to work in this flower shop in the first place. He lightly pushed the bee onto his finger and pet it as softly as possible. "Your name will bee... Tommy!" The bee buzzed happily and flew into Toby's head. He giggled with delight.
"Toby! Could you help me rearange these potted plants please?"

"Sure Darr!" He set Tommy down on a yellow rose "Stay there okay? I gotta go help my boss." The bee buzzed with jealousy. Toby went over to Darryl and helped him with the plants, dropping a little bit of soil on the ground in the process "Dammit, sorry Darryl-"

"Hey-! Language you potato muffin." He said angrily.

"Sorry sorry-"
Suddenly the ringing of the front door went off. "Zak? What are you doing here?" Darryl asked confused yet delighted.

"Ah um.."

"Oh no! Did your headache get worse? Are you okay?" He set down the potted plants and rushed to him.

Toby looked over at Tommy and they gave each other the
'Deffo flerting' Look.

"Well not exactly but I guess it does still hurt a bit-" Zak hissed when he felt Darryl touch the wound he got yesterday.

"Oh my gosh, what happened to you Zak?" He looked at him concerned.

"I was just making something in the oven and I touched it without an oven mitt so this happened-" He laughed nervously.

"You've got to be more careful Zak!" Darryl began to scold him as Zak simply nodded with a slightly embarrassed smile.
"C'mon now you muffin head, I have some aloe vera in the back and that'll help it heal." He led Zak to the backroom once again.

Toby looked at his new bee friend suspiciously "Deffo flerting, Deffo flerting.." Toby said to Tommy. The bee just buzzed back.