Admiration

"Alright your total will be...3.50!"

Tommy took out some slightly crumpled money out of his jean pocket and handed it to Toby.
"Also I thought you were kind of cool I guess so.." he handed Toby a small piece of paper. "Text me if you want." (NOT SHIPPING THEM THEY ARE MINORS IF YOU SHIP THEM GO AWAY 😍)
"Oh- okay!" Toby smiled brightly Tommy walked out of the flower shop and waved goodbye, Toby waved back.

He quickly turned to Wilbur with an excited expression "I have a friend!" He did a mini dance of victory.

"So, is your burn feeling better Zak?" Darryl asked while finishing his tea.

"Actually, yes it is! Thank you so much Darryl." He smiled.

"I'm glad, though it wasn't a real bad burn it must've still hurt a lot huh?" He asked.

"Yeah, I forgot to put an oven mitt on while taking something out if the oven so it took me by surprise and I dropped my food." He rubbed the back of his neck in embarrassment.

Darryl sighed "You muffin head, be more careful!"

Zak laughed "Why do you say that?"

"Say what?" Darryl asked

"Muffin head or muffin?"

"I dunno I just started using it one day-- don't laugh at me!" Darryl said, now embarrassed.

"Sorry-! Sorry, I couldn't help it!" He giggled.

Darryl rolled his eyes and shook his head, a smile creeped up onto his lips. "I think I should get back to my work though. It's been really nice talking to you!" He stood up and hugged Zak.
"So, cya!" Darryl started walking out the door.

"W-Wait!" He called out. "Is there anything I could help you do around the shop?"

Darryl looked at Zak with a surprised expression "hmh? You wanna help?"

"Well, sure?"

"Oh! Well alright umm.. Toby! Come here real fast?"

"Okay!" Toby ran over to Darryl "what is it Darryl?"

"Toby, this is Zak, he's gonna help you put the super heavy soil in the back closet, now go on you potatoes!" He patted Toby's head and winked at Zak.

Zak felt his face heat up slightly but didn't mind it. Toby and Zak began hauling the bags of soil to the back closet.

"These are awfully heavy." Zak said, trying to start some small talk.

"Tell me about it, I have to do this alone every week!"

"Geez, that must be tough."

Toby nodded. "It's real tough but I get through it, though seeing how hard working and inspirational Darryl is, it motivates me to work harder too. No pain no gain right?"

Zak smiled at the thought of Darryl. "He is really cool isn't he?"

"Yup. He's a chill dude who just wants to do what he loves. I admire that a lot."

"I admire that too. I wish I could be like him. Doing what you love and also getting money? Sounds like a dream." He sighed

-Time Skip-

"Is that all you want help with Darryl?"

"Yup!"

"You sure?"

"Yes I'm sure, you've done enough Zak, thank you very much." Darryl hugged Zak again.
"It's getting dark though so you should get going back to your place Zak!"

"Ah, you're right!" Zak rubbed the back of his neck. He missed the warmth that he felt everytime Darryl hugged him. "I'll see you later I guess!" Zak gave Darryl a smile and ran off.

Darryl sighed, still standing at the door frame watching Zak as he slowly dissapeared into the night.

"Zak's nice, he said he also admired your hard work just like I do. We talked about you while we were putting away the soil, did you hear us Bad?" Toby asked

Darryl quickly shushed him again "I said not to use that name!"

"Okay okay- sorry, but did you?"

"I did not." He walked inside and grabbed a water bottle from the counter "...but I wouldn't mind you telling me." He mumbled as he took a sip of his water.

"He said you looked pretty."

Darryl proceeded to spit out his water in pure surprise "Huh?? He- he said what??"

Toby couldn't stop himself from bursting out laughing "I'm sorry I was kidding! Your reaction was priceless though-!" He said as he laughed harder.

Darryl's ears and cheeks turned a bright red as he lightly punched Toby in the arm "You Muffin head! Don't joke like that!"

"Sorry- heh ha! But anyways, he just said you were cool and stuff. Our conversation didn't last too long other than that."

"Oh, okay." Darryl took another sip, he looked slightly dissapointed.

"You think he's gonna stop by tomorrow?"

"Well I hope- er.. I think so? But then again he has to work and y'know- not waste his time hanging out." Darryl sighed.

"Aw I really liked him. Wilbur did too."

"Wilbur?"

"Yeah my bee! He's buzzing around the flowers right now." Toby smiled.

Darryl sighed and gave him a smile. "Never change Toby." He scruffed up his hair.
Toby giggled.