Chapter Thirty One

Hermione, Harry, and Ron whirled around, wands at the ready, at the sound of a new voice. Hermione's whole body gave a sigh and she lowered her wand at the familiar face. "Ryn. You scared us."

There, standing by a cluster of trees was Ryn. Arms across her chest, smirking and leaning on one tree.

"Pity, isn't it?" Ryn sneered, an evil, uncharacteristic smirk, playing across her lips.

Almost immediately Hermione knew something wasn't right. She narrowed her eyes, and stared at her friend. "Ryn, is something wrong?"

"Hm? Oh, no, no, no. Everything is just," she paused as if thinking for the right word, her smirk growing more evil by the second. "Perfect." it was almost a deadly threat.

Hermione didn't like what was going on. She usually felt safe when a member of the Order, and a friend, was around. But now, something was different, and she didn't like it at all. There was something in Ryn's eyes. Something hidden, deep, and it was dark. This wasn't the Ryn Hermione had met.

Silence passed in the warm, chilly night. Harry and Ron looking around Godric's Hollow from where they stood, while Ryn and Hermione had, what would look to a bystander, as a staring contest.

The silence seemed to creep on when, "EXPELIARMUS!" Ryn shouted. Hermione, Harry and Ron's wands went flying out of their hands as they were slightly knocked to the ground, all of their eyes wide with surprise.

As Hermione stood, she saw Ryn pocketing all three of their wands in her robe pocket.

"Ryn," Hermione started slowly.

"What do you think you're doing?" Harry and Ron yelled together.

Ryn just gave a dry laugh.

"Ryn, what's going on. Why are you acting so..." Hermione didn't even know what to say.

"Strange?" Ryn finished for her. Hermione just gave her a curious look.

"Ryn, have you gone mad?" Harry asked, trying to suppress his anger.

"No." the girl replied.

"Then give us our wands back!" Ron interfered, his face growing red.

"No." Ryn stated simply, once again.

"What do you think you're playing at? Voldemort co-"

"DON'T SAY HIS NAME!" Ryn yelled, at Harry. The words rang in the deadly silent night.

Hermione stared, dumbfounded, at Ryn. She had rarely talked to Ryn about Voldemort, but when they did Ryn had always said his name. She never once cringed at the sound of it, or acted like this. Hermione hated the situation more and more as the seconds ticked by.

Hermione looked over at Harry and Ron. Both of their faces showed immense shock. Hermione could see fear and worry in Ron's eyes. And Harry, she could tell that he was getting nervous. As much as his body was trying to stop it, he was.

"Now," Ryn's voice was calm and collected. "I realize that I have yet to answer your question, how rude of me. What was it again? Oh yes. What am I doing? Well, the answer is quite simple actually." She paused in her speech as her smirk grew even wider. "This."

With the flick of Ryn's wand, Hermione felt herself being pulled at the stomach. The force was so strong that she could touch her toes with her finger tips. As fast as the feeling came, it was gone as she felt her back hit something solid, and felt herself sitting on the ground. It didn't take any time for Hermione to realize that the 'something solid' was Harry and Ron's backs, and that the three of them were bound together by some invisible ropes.