Chapter Five

Hermione woke to a strong pounding on her door. She rolled over onto her back and looked at her watch, 11:30. "Come in" she said, as she sat up in the bed and through her legs over the side. "Get out!" she nearly screamed as the door opened.

"Now, now Granger. That can't be how your parents taught you how to say good morning." Malfoy said in his usual drawl as he entered Hermione's room. She quickly grabbed the sheet on her bed and covered herself, she did not want Malfoy to see her in her pajamas.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" her voice was deadly, and it almost cause Malfoy to back out of the room. But he didn't, he stood his ground, as Malfoys always do.

He sighed before replying. "Our oh so lovely," sarcasm etched his every word, "Would like to talk to us."

"You better watch yourself Malfoy. You don't want to go making comments like that in this house. You don't own this house like you think you own everything else. This isn't your territory, it's ours." Hermione smirked as finished her mini speech.

Draco was furious! How dare she! Speaking to him like that, like she was better than him. Ha, that would be the day. His fists were clenched at his side, and his body was rigid. "You really think so, Granger? I wouldn't put it past me that I could obtain the rights to this house."

"And what makes you think that, Malfoy?"

"You don't think I realize who's house this was, do you? Well, I do. It was my mother's cousin's, that fool of a man, Sirius Black." he sneered.

Hermione moved faster than either she or Malfoy had ever seen and both had hard time comprehending what happened. Hermione had grabbed her wand of the bed side table and now had it pointed at Malfoy's throat. "If you ever." her voice was venomous. "Ever, say that about Sirius again, I will personally curse you 100 years into the past. Understand? Now get out, so I can get dressed." she took her hand pushed hard into his chest, making him stumble backwards and out the door. For the second time since Hermione and Malfoy arrived at number twelve, a slamming door was the cause of another rant from Ms. Black.

Five minutes later, Hermione emerged from her room, dressed and ready for any questions Dumbledore was going to ask. She stepped in the hall and could see Malfoy coming from his room, putting his wand into his robe pocket.

"Scared Malfoy?" Hermione said, trying not to laugh.

"You wish." he replied back, trying to control his temper.

Together they walked down the kitchen in a very uncomfortable silence. By the time they reached the kitchen Malfoy was a little bit in front of Hermione. He opened the door and gave in a small push so it would close. There was a mall squeak of surprise before the door opened and Hermione entered the kitchen, her face red from anger. Malfoy smirked at her but neither said anything.

Sitting at the table before them, was a young woman, probably in her twenties. She was writing furiously, looking from a book and then writing something down. The minute she heard the door open, her head shot up, she closed the book with a snap, and grabbed her wand from her robe pocket.. She had blue eyes, and shoulder length brown hair. "Oh, hi." she said as cheery as she could, without trying to show how caught of guard she was. She stood up, and was about the same height as Hermione. She looked at the two teens who were staring at her wand, which she had at the ready. "Oh, sorry 'bout that." she lowered her wand. "You just startled me. Please, sit down." she motioned at the seats on the side of the table. Hermione and Draco sat on opposite sides.

"You must be Hermione, and Draco."

"Yes." they said in unison.

"I'm Ryn Tonks."