Chapter Thirty Five

She stepped back, gave his hand one last squeeze of reassurance, and disappeared into the battle.

How long the battle had been raging on, Hermione knew not. All she was aware of was the blinding lights of spells, jinxes, and curses, being shot in every direction. People were falling everywhere, but she couldn't stop to help, and that's what bothered Hermione most. People she knew and cared for were falling to the ground and not getting up, whether they were stunned or dead she didn't know. She couldn't exactly stop and find out. It was every witch and wizard for themselves, no matter what side you were on.

Hermione, herself, had fought at least five death eaters by now, and it could have been more for she wasn't keeping track. They just seemed to keep coming at her, all yelling the same thing. "Give me the wand, mudblood, and I might let you live."

Hermione ran through the bushes and trees of the near by forest. Her last encounter with some unknown Death Eater had sent her fighting into the forest. She couldn't remember which she had entered and was desperately hoping that she was going the right way.

She stopped by a large tree, and leaned against it, trying to catch her breath. The breaking of a twig sounded through the air, causing Hermione to jump in the direction of the sound, wand at the ready.

"Oh, did I scare the poor mudblood." Hermione rolled her eyes, cursed, and sighed at the same time, not knowing which emotion she should have let take control of her.

"Bellatrix." she hissed, to the owner of the familiar voice.

"And I was expecting a warmer welcome."

Hermione didn't say anything to this, she just stared at Bellatrix, showing no emotion what so ever.

"If I recall, at our last meeting you said I wouldn't escape." the Death Eater put on an expression of mock thought. "Yes, I do believe that it what you said. And now look. Here I am. Far from Azkaban. I told you last time Granger, I always escape."

"And I'm sure we can put all the credit for you escape to your oh so powerful Lord." Hermione said with as much hate as she could muster.

Even though it was dark, Hermione could tell by the moonlight that Bellatrix's face fell.

"You think your so smart, don't you Mudblood." the older witch laughed. "Your full of yourself is more like it." she smirked. "You should know that you will never be as great as you claim to be. Your nothing but a Mudblood. Do bare that in mind."

Hermione felt anger run through every single part of her body, causing her to shake. She flicked her wand, and smirked. "I am, and always will have more wits about me than you ever will."

"You think so? We'll see how you fare. CRUICO!" Bellatrix yelled, sending a blinding light at Hermione.

Hermione just stood there and smirked, allowing the curse to come her way. When it was three feet from her, the spell seemed to hit a brick wall, and it vanished.

"See what I mean?" Hermione said, as she twirled her wand in her fingers. She had nonverbally set a protective shield around her.

"You little brat." Bellatrix raised her wand, preparing to say an incantation, but Hermione was quicker.

With the flick of her wand, Hermione once again used nonverbal communication with her wand. A force very powerful flew towards Bellatrix, sending her backwards slightly and her wand flying from her hand as she was hit by the Expelliarmus spell. Not waiting for Bellatrix to regain composure, Hermione raised her wand again.

"STUPEFY!" she yelled, causing Bellztrix's body to fall to the ground.

"Pathetic." Hermione whispered, as she continued on her walk from the forest and back to the main battle ground.