Chapter 12: Part One

The Special task force quickly climbs up the side of the cliff, putting their skills to the test. Gakushu and Okano in particular manage to use gymnastic techniques to make it to the top effortlessly.

Jelavic-sensei is attached to the back of Karasuma-sensei, and Koro-sensei is being held on a rope, since he's still a ball. He feels a bit impressed at Karasuma-sensei's ability to climb with that much additional weight. Gakushu doesn't think he's capable of that.

He isn't nearly that strong, despite all the exercise he does. He's much more nimble, though, which helps him climb fast. But these skinny jeans and leather jacket probably weren't the best clothes to wear for this, he realizes.

Ritsu helps them get into the building, but they get stumped at the entrance. They need to sneak past the lobby, but it's nearly impossible.

Then Jelavic-sensei walks right in. She uses her piano skills to seduce the guards, giving them an opening.

Gakushu is unaffected by her seduction, but even he can appreciate her talent.

"She made an error on that last note though. She really should practice more." Gakushu comments. Yada chokes.

"I want to see the look on Bitch-Sensei when she hears you say that." Okano grins.

Karasuma-sensei comments on Jelavic-sensei's skills, and how she can do basically anything that might come useful in a honeypot assassination. Languages, ballet, piano, and so on.

That makes Gakushu pause for a moment. He's fairly certain he can do any of those things.

Too bad he's not a girl. He doubts gay honeypot assassins are in much demand.

They head into the next floor where Karasuma stops them.

"There's a reason I had you come dressed the way you are. We can act like regular guests now that we're past the checkpoint."

"But isn't this the place where bad guys stay?" Sugaya asks.

"Yes, but there's a fair number of trust fund kids here. Rich kids who are sheltered, they stain their hands doing immoral deeds with an innocent face."

"That's right. You will pretend to be one of those children. Let's walk as if the whole world is beneath us."

Gakushu hears those words in a different way than everyone else does.

Is that really what they think about rich kids? Gakushu was a rich kid. Yes, he was very—immoral. At least last year, he was. But that was how he was raised. And he really did do his best to put his foot down when his father pushed him to do more and more drastic things.

Like that one time he told him he should have poisoned E class's food. People would have gotten sick. They would have to take days off work and pay hospital bills they can't afford. Someone could have died.

While Gakushu's anxious mind can run through all those possibilities, his father can sometimes be oblivious to consequences when his obsessions takes over.

He supposes that's what people think of rich kids. Ignorant to the consequences of the people below them. Gakushu was taught how to interact with high class society at a young age. He was also taught how to avoid getting sucked in by greed.

He learnt how to keep his back straight and his chin tilted at a slightly downward angle. Looking down at everyone.

But Gakushu always struggled with looking down. Even at a young age, he kept looking up. Instead of looking down at the things below him, he looked up to the things out of his reach.